C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

borla xr1 vs borla stingers????

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 06:16 PM
brightc6
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default borla xr1 vs borla stingers????

i currently have the stingers and something about them i just dont like. what is the difference in sound, weight, and person oppinion?
Old 02-17-2013, 09:14 PM
brrymnvette
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I had the xr1 system about 7-8 years ago and it was louder than the stingers. The drone inside the car was very loud at highway speeds. Not sure if they've redesigned them since though. My system was just the main muffler in the center of the car and then straight out the back.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:30 PM
billvh
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 98, had XR1 w/ stock cats. Put headers, x-pipe (no cats) and installed Stingers, all else stock. I thought XR1's would be too loud w/o cats. It's a different sound, XR1 deeper and smoother, Stingers a little more raspy. Hard to compare since I removed cats, maybe XR1 had more drone?? Still wasn't too loud, able to talk on phone. I sold the XR1 to a guy who had Stingers on a Z06 w/ cam, he said it might be louder outside, quieter inside. I heard phone video, sounded good, but hard to tell. Also, you have to cut mid pipe after cats w XR1, tailpipes are straight pipe.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:33 PM
billvh
Instructor

XR1 is probably lighter, Stingers shipped at 46lbs, XR1 was 52, and also includes part of mid pipe, not much lighter though.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:44 PM
billvh
Instructor

Didn't see the original date on this post or realize you were the one who bought my XR1's until I saw your videos!!! After hearing yours, maybe I should have tried them first.

Get notified of new replies

To borla xr1 vs borla stingers????

Quick Reply: borla xr1 vs borla stingers????