C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV Valve Tube Assembly Removal Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 06:37 PM
Char03
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCV Valve Tube Assembly Removal Help

I've done some searches for how to remove the PCV Valve tube assembly but can't seem to locate anything on how to remove the whole tube. I had some oil leaking and when I changed the PCV valve I realized the inside of the rubber tube where valve goes was eaten away. This is probably why it was leaking in the first place.
I already ordered the tube assembly but would like to tackle this on my own. Any help from my fellow forum members on how to swap the pcv tube assembly would be appreciated.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:22 AM
VinnyT
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Char03
I've done some searches for how to remove the PCV Valve tube assembly but can't seem to locate anything on how to remove the whole tube. I had some oil leaking and when I changed the PCV valve I realized the inside of the rubber tube where valve goes was eaten away. This is probably why it was leaking in the first place.
I already ordered the tube assembly but would like to tackle this on my own. Any help from my fellow forum members on how to swap the pcv tube assembly would be appreciated.
I responded to your PM.

Here is what it looks like and how it attaches to the engine. It is not exact, but pretty close.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:04 AM
Char03
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VinnyT
I responded to your PM.

Here is what it looks like and how it attaches to the engine. It is not exact, but pretty close.

I just responded to your PM. This diagram should help a bit as I go about replacing the PCV tube assembly. I managed to source the assembly from my dealer who lowered the price once I mentioned what they were charging me online with shipping included. So in the future if anyone out there wants to try this method as a way to lower the price your local dealer wants. Couldn't hurt to try!

Get notified of new replies

To PCV Valve Tube Assembly Removal Help

Quick Reply: PCV Valve Tube Assembly Removal Help