C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel sys upgrade help

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 09:16 AM
Lt. Dan M.
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fuel sys upgrade help

Looking to upgrade my fuel system. I am now running a stock system with the exception of a BAP. I running around 500rwhp with bolt ons and a TVS 2300. Thinking of upping it to between 600 to 700rwhp. Not sure what I need to do to the fuel system. I saw a thread where a guy said he swapped out the fuel filter/regulator for a 97/98 (I think it was) and supported 600rwhp. Saw a UPP setup for sale on the forum and thought I would ask if any on here have furst hand knowledg of this system. Ease of install, design and function of system, would you recommend using it? With what I am looking to do, do I even need that? Should I just swap out my stock fuel pump for a higher pressure/flow pump and be done with it? I want the car as streetable as possible, but looking for mid to low 10 second 1/4. Thinking I should be pretty close with the setup I have now, but thinking heads and more boost are in my near future.
Old 05-30-2014, 08:06 AM
rclinton
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lt. Dan M.
Looking to upgrade my fuel system. I am now running a stock system with the exception of a BAP. I running around 500rwhp with bolt ons and a TVS 2300. Thinking of upping it to between 600 to 700rwhp. Not sure what I need to do to the fuel system. I saw a thread where a guy said he swapped out the fuel filter/regulator for a 97/98 (I think it was) and supported 600rwhp. Saw a UPP setup for sale on the forum and thought I would ask if any on here have furst hand knowledg of this system. Ease of install, design and function of system, would you recommend using it? With what I am looking to do, do I even need that? Should I just swap out my stock fuel pump for a higher pressure/flow pump and be done with it? I want the car as streetable as possible, but looking for mid to low 10 second 1/4. Thinking I should be pretty close with the setup I have now, but thinking heads and more boost are in my near future.

I did the fuel filter and return line with fuel regulator upgrade on my 02. I got the information form a forum member when I was losing pressure at 500 RWHP I am well over 600 RWHP and I hold 60 psi throughout with the stock rails. This is after I added both the upgraded harness and a BAP and still losing fuel pressure. After the return line and pressure regulator, no need for the BAP. If you want a parts list or any other information I can send you the information.

Last edited by rclinton; 05-30-2014 at 08:12 AM.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:38 PM
red 99 first vette
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel pump help

Originally Posted by rclinton
I did the fuel filter and return line with fuel regulator upgrade on my 02. I got the information form a forum member when I was losing pressure at 500 RWHP I am well over 600 RWHP and I hold 60 psi throughout with the stock rails. This is after I added both the upgraded harness and a BAP and still losing fuel pressure. After the return line and pressure regulator, no need for the BAP. If you want a parts list or any other information I can send you the information.
I have my car tore down right now and need some advise on where 2 buy a in the tank pump for my 99 . I am installing a tvs2300 with 12 or 13lbs of boost and a set of trick flow 215s . don't have a clue yet what I will end up for hp but would like 2 have a pump installed 2 support 700ish rwhp so I don't run out of fuel . any help would b great thanks
Old 06-09-2014, 03:54 PM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

Received 226 Likes on 213 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by red 99 first vette
I have my car tore down right now and need some advise on where 2 buy a in the tank pump for my 99 . I am installing a tvs2300 with 12 or 13lbs of boost and a set of trick flow 215s . don't have a clue yet what I will end up for hp but would like 2 have a pump installed 2 support 700ish rwhp so I don't run out of fuel . any help would b great thanks
Have you checked with Lonnie's Performance?
Old 06-10-2014, 12:34 PM
Lt. Dan M.
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would love to know more about the "fuel filter and return line" upgrade. Sounds like just what I am looking for. I'm at 500rwhp now but plan on between 600 to 650rwhp in the fairly near future.
Old 06-10-2014, 02:12 PM
red 99 first vette
Intermediate

Default lonnies fuel system

Originally Posted by LoneStarFRC
Have you checked with Lonnie's Performance?
thanks a bunch for the info about Lonnies Performce . I cant believe I didn't find him on the internet while looking for options . He has just what I am looking 4 . I am going 2 order it from him tonight
Old 06-10-2014, 02:21 PM
red 99 first vette
Intermediate

Default info on parts and where 2 or them

I see Lonnie is 3 weeks out on his systems , I would b interested in the parts list and where 2 order them 2 build my own system . thanks
Old 06-10-2014, 02:26 PM
red 99 first vette
Intermediate

Default mid 10s

Originally Posted by Lt. Dan M.
hey Dan it sounds like we both have the same goals in mind . what else did u buy 4 your vette other than the tvs2300 to get u in the mid 10s ? have u had it on a dyno yet ? if so what brand of dyno did they have?

Get notified of new replies

To Fuel sys upgrade help

Quick Reply: Fuel sys upgrade help