C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dic/ Key fob

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 10:38 AM
jayr2k
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Dic/ Key fob

Ok guys, I apologize I have looked through all the threads(for a week now) and couldn't find my exact issues so here I am, yes starting a new thread on key fobs, sort of.... haha.

I have a '00 with 9,600- this post is not about how much I drive or don't drive the car, just stating the facts

I tried both key fobs and nothing happen, I tried to hold the lock and unlock together and still nothing.

The car battery is always on a battery tender and the Red top is only 6 months old (again just stating facts not a battery dispute... Btw I use Mobil one oil and filter lol) & it has 12.8 volts sitting.

I thought maybe I would try and reprogram them through the dic (turn key on, clear screen,hold reset etc) I did that and it did what it was supposed to do, learn key one etc. Nothing happen so I realized both key fob batteries must be dead. It went to the tire program screen and I just turned the key off.

I changed out both batteries in the key fobs, held the unlock/lock and it beeped so all was good..... but for some reason now I can't get the program screen to come back up when I do the whole procedure. I can hold the reset button down and nothing. I know the reset button works b/c it clears the door ajar screen/brake before shifting etc. Furthermore I went to pull codes(which I had 4 but were all H) I couldn't clear them by holding the reset button?? I have disconnected the battery for a hour to try to reset and still nothing

Ok last thing, as I stated the key fobs work and the tire pressure gauge are reading so I'm assuming the receiver and the BCM are ok, I want to leave it alone but it's bugging me why the program screen doesn't come back up. ONE more thing I realized I had the window valet plugged in as well when I did it the first time, I have since removed it thinking that was the issue,, would that cause a problem when I was in that program mode?? Thanks!!!

Quick Reply: Dic/ Key fob