C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 seat install?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 12:57 PM
chasb4570
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Default C6 seat install?

Both seats in the '04 are full power. Came across a pair of '09 3LT black (charcoal) seats that were taken out of car immediately after purchase and stored in bedroom. Obviously, both are full power also and are complete with tracks. How complicated a job retro fitting these in with power hookup. The '04 is light gray interior. Thinking these might look good, not quite total black and maybe more comfortable.
Any suggestions or info would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Chas
Old 04-30-2016, 12:04 PM
XXXLTRP
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put C6 Z seats in my 99 FRC. I found it easier to just remove the C5 bases and put them on the C6 seats. When all said and done, you will have a set of C5 seats and C6 bases with electronics left over. I did it this way to avoid splicing the two different sets of wiring. It really was to easy to do it any other way than swapping the bases. I was able to sell my C5 seats locally and shipped the passenger side manual C6 track to a member on here. I still have the C6 drivers side electronics/base.

Last edited by XXXLTRP; 04-30-2016 at 12:05 PM.

Quick Reply: C6 seat install?