C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HVAC / Climate Control Lights are out

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 02:20 PM
j4claerr
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HVAC / Climate Control Lights are out

So I have searched and read a lot of posts about the climate control being dimmed or out and the fix is to re-solder the 6 resistors or whatever they are called and that will fix the issue.

My issue is not with the climate controll.

My issue is the far left and far right side of the entire climate control module.

So Half of the passenger and half of the driver side climate does not light up (ie the red and the blue circle), the rear defrost, the off button, the mode button and the AC button also do not light up.

All of them currently work and have no issue.

My question is, is this the same issue where all I have to do is resolder the 6 things or do I actually have bulbs burnt out?

Is there any instructions on how to replace bulbs? Does a local shop such as an auto zone carry these bulbs? Are the bulbs easy to replace? If I replace them, should I or do I have to replace them all at once?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-08-2016, 04:34 AM
Joevette99
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Hope this helps

Originally Posted by j4claerr
So I have searched and read a lot of posts about the climate control being dimmed or out and the fix is to re-solder the 6 resistors or whatever they are called and that will fix the issue.

My issue is not with the climate controll.

My issue is the far left and far right side of the entire climate control module.

So Half of the passenger and half of the driver side climate does not light up (ie the red and the blue circle), the rear defrost, the off button, the mode button and the AC button also do not light up.

All of them currently work and have no issue.

My question is, is this the same issue where all I have to do is resolder the 6 things or do I actually have bulbs burnt out?

Is there any instructions on how to replace bulbs? Does a local shop such as an auto zone carry these bulbs? Are the bulbs easy to replace? If I replace them, should I or do I have to replace them all at once?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...splay-fix.html

Old 09-08-2016, 04:23 PM
SilverC54me
Melting Slicks

Received 411 Likes on 333 Posts

You have light bulbs burned out. There are 14 lamps soldered on to the circuit board. At least 2 are out so replace them all.

The HVAC uses 7219 lamps behind the buttons for illumination.

Gary
Old 09-08-2016, 08:21 PM
PDQC5
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There used to be a guy on eBay that would fix them for a reasonable price

Get notified of new replies

To HVAC / Climate Control Lights are out

Quick Reply: HVAC / Climate Control Lights are out