C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight Motor Stuck Running

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2016, 04:14 PM
SViar
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight Motor Stuck Running

I have a 2001 Z06 that I don't drive very much, so it sits in the garage most of the time on a battery maintainer. The other day I noticed both headlights were open and the battery was dead when I hadn't touched the car at all. I got a replacement battery, and as soon as I hooked it up, you can hear both headlight motors trying to run constantly. When I tried to lower them manually, the passenger side plastic **** has completely broken off from how much it was spinning. I managed to get the driver side down but you can still hear the motor trying to run anytime the battery is hooked up. Does anyone have any insight on what may have caused them to start running while sitting in the garage like that?
Old 09-24-2016, 04:25 PM
2015GTRBE
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 10 Posts

Wish I could help but that sounds bizarre
Old 09-24-2016, 10:15 PM
SViar
Heel & Toe

New developments... I tried unplugging the passenger side headlight, which is still stuck up, and starting the car. I have no interior lights, but I do have dash lights and everything else, and the car doesn't turn over.
Old 09-25-2016, 08:08 AM
Greg_E
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

These might be helpful.
They are the correct schematics for 2001.
Attached Images   
Old 09-28-2016, 04:09 AM
SViar
Heel & Toe

Yes, I should have been more specific. I mean the starter isn't being engaged at all, I can't hear the solenoid, when the key is turned nothing is happening. The battery voltage still reads good, it wasn't connected for more than 2 minutes with the headlights disconnected so they wouldn't be running. I think it's strange the interior lights are also not coming on. I'm trying to see if maybe they share some common path that would explain why they all stopped working. I'm leaving the battery disconnected until I figure out where the problem lies.

Last edited by SViar; 09-28-2016 at 04:10 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Headlight Motor Stuck Running

Quick Reply: Headlight Motor Stuck Running