C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Ignition Switch installed

Old 11-12-2016, 07:54 AM
CFeria
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default New Ignition Switch installed

No issues now, all good only issue I have is with the new Ignition switch, wanted oem so I ordered AC Delco parts. When switch came in I took it out of box and first thing I see is the "Made in China" switch installed fine just worried it will fail sooner. How can they sell Chinese parts as ac delco, and on box says it came from Detroit, MI. but on switch says made in china! WTF!! Where would I be able to get ignition switch that is made in USA like my C5 is!

Has this happened to anyone else?
Old 11-12-2016, 10:49 AM
CFeria
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

WOW! I would think so yes, I also noticed the switch I pulled out to be more solid or better constructed than the one I put in!!

Also ordered ac delco rotors last month, trying to stay all oem and box says made in china.

So I have an American sports car with parts made in china!

So can I buy a *** car like the Z with parts made in America?!! I doubt it!

Thanks for your reply, I am just aggravated I thought for a car like the Corvette the parts would be made here!!
Old 11-12-2016, 04:11 PM
Greg_E
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

Welcome to the global economy.
Regarding the brake rotors:
If GM had the raw casting made in China and they did the machining in the U.S. they can say it was made in U.S.A.
Old 11-13-2016, 03:46 PM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,339 Likes on 1,092 Posts

Originally Posted by CFeria
WOW! I would think so yes, I also noticed the switch I pulled out to be more solid or better constructed than the one I put in!!

Also ordered ac delco rotors last month, trying to stay all oem and box says made in china.

So I have an American sports car with parts made in china!

So can I buy a *** car like the Z with parts made in America?!! I doubt it!

Thanks for your reply, I am just aggravated I thought for a car like the Corvette the parts would be made here!!

You can thank the EPA, as they sent all the factories out of the country, in the name of clean air......and BTW, it didn't start with the C-5 Corvette. This began 25 years ago.

Get notified of new replies

To New Ignition Switch installed

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Ignition Switch installed