C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front brake ducts sagging

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 12:37 AM
T.J.
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Front brake ducts sagging

Hey everyone, noticed that my front brake ducts are sagging and didn't know if anyone else has noticed this on their c5, but what can be done to lift the duct for a better fit? Looking for any ideas to try.
Old 12-03-2016, 08:16 AM
runner140*
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 282 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by T.J.
Hey everyone, noticed that my front brake ducts are sagging and didn't know if anyone else has noticed this on their c5, but what can be done to lift the duct for a better fit? Looking for any ideas to try.
T.J. They could have gotten wet and lost the stock shape. New ones are available on the big auction site and not that expensive. Take a look.
Old 12-03-2016, 09:27 AM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,081 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Originally Posted by runner140*
T.J. They could have gotten wet and lost the stock shape. New ones are available on the big auction site and not that expensive. Take a look.
if you drive in the rain or wash your car they will get wet, water will do nothing to plastic. Sounds to me they got really hot ???
Old 12-03-2016, 09:43 AM
trudesea
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think he means sagging as in they aren't or won't stay aligned to the outside vent on the nose?

At least with mine, when I was fooling with changing the flasher bulbs, a simple pull down on them and a push up would align them...they aren't attached with anything. Maybe you just need to play around with them to get them to hold?
The following users liked this post:
Pounder (12-03-2016)
Old 12-03-2016, 08:27 PM
T.J.
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trudesea
I think he means sagging as in they aren't or won't stay aligned to the outside vent on the nose?

At least with mine, when I was fooling with changing the flasher bulbs, a simple pull down on them and a push up would align them...they aren't attached with anything. Maybe you just need to play around with them to get them to hold?
When I lift up on them it gives a straight shot to the brakes, but once I let go it sags in the middle and needs lifted and wants to slide off the front of the car.
Old 12-06-2016, 10:33 PM
El original
Melting Slicks

Received 201 Likes on 168 Posts

They are a real stiff plastic...something in not right on the fit of these ducts. Check to see if both ends are in place.

Get notified of new replies

To Front brake ducts sagging

Quick Reply: Front brake ducts sagging