C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine misfire, got some codes, need advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 12:38 PM
WildRide357
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Engine misfire, got some codes, need advice

A couple weeks after installing my dorman intake manifold, started getting a random misfire. Mostly when engine was cold and lugging a gear.

Still chasing it. Thought the manifold bolts needed re-torqued, and that seemed to help for a day or so, then it came back. I can find no vacuum leaks around the manifold, TB or injectors. I've pulled the intake to verify the small vac line and the booster hose are well attached.

Thinking it could be a plug wire, replaced the one I tinkered with. Seemed to help for a day and it came back. Just been hard to pin down when it misfires.

Now getting a CEL and got codes:
P0101 Mass Air Flow System Performance
P0108 Manifold Pressure Sensor System High Voltage
P0300 Engine Misfire Detected

Is the misfire causing the MAP and MAF codes?

The drivers side frame ground bolt broke when I went to clean it and I just bolted the ground block to the radiator cover bolt hole. This was after the misfire had started. Fun can o' worms I got. Any feedback is appreciated.
Old 12-27-2016, 12:44 PM
WildRide357
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hold on, I may be onto it. Seems to have a slight vac leak around the MAP sensor. This dorman intake didn't fit well at that location. Funny how writing this stuff out gets my head thinking straight.

Last edited by WildRide357; 12-27-2016 at 12:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Engine misfire, got some codes, need advice