C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installation of a Dual Air Intake System

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2002, 12:08 PM
spicoli25
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Installation of a Dual Air Intake System

Hello Everyone,
I am new to the forum but not Corvettes. I now own my 3rd Corvette and was looking to do some modifications. The first thing I was going to do was install an Air Intake System. I was going to install the Dual Air Intake. If someone has another option for me please feel free to tell me. The question I have is I noticed a rubber hose coming off the stock air intake which goes down towards the driver side front fog light area. If I install an aftermarket modification intake what happens to this hose? If someone can help, much appreciated.
:flag

[Modified by spicoli25, 12:26 PM 9/25/2002]
Old 09-25-2002, 12:30 PM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

Default Re: Installation of a Dual Air Intake System (spicoli25)

First of all, welcome to the Forum - the place to figure out how to empty your wallet and max out your credit cards in the quickest fashion. :lol: :seeya

Most of the aftermarket intake systems make provisions to hook up the air pump hose. If you're talking about the TwinFlow unit, I ran that at one time and it does provide a hole for the hose.

If not, I've seen a few guys just clamp a mini cone filter to the hose and strap it down. Looks pretty cool, actually. :yesnod:

Enjoy!
Old 09-25-2002, 03:40 PM
Crushinator
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 77 Posts

Default Re: Installation of a Dual Air Intake System (Patches)

That's a pretty cool idea Patches. I never thought of that.

Most intakes I've seen (and used) have had the appropriate hole for the air pump hose. I'm not sure about the Breathless ram air kit? My Dad has their system on his '98 and I don't recall seeing it.

Get notified of new replies

To Installation of a Dual Air Intake System

Quick Reply: Installation of a Dual Air Intake System