C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuse 23 step missed...

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 12:42 PM
grantv
Le Mans Master

Received 535 Likes on 491 Posts
Default Fuse 23 step missed...

Being a visual guy, and it being easier to follow a video on my phone while working on the PS floor of my car, I used the YouTube video only by Compliance (assuming it would cover everything).
I rarely got the pull key message, but figured it was time to install the LMC5 (it has been in my shop for a couple years). So after the install... steering column is locked. I did buy the unlocker. Can I simply use this, or do I need to reverse the install and start over?
Reason I'm bothered is the wires had to be pulled pretty darn hard, nothing like his video where they just slide out. I'm guessing the ends are a bit mangled TBH.
Any ideas please? Compliance not answering email this weekend so far, and this is my DD.
Old 04-17-2017, 01:10 PM
bravo29
Burning Brakes

Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

Instructions stated you can use the unlocker at that point. At best try the unlocker as it will unlock it. Concern might be will it stay unlocked now.
Old 04-17-2017, 02:45 PM
Christian327
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Dont be afraid to call richard, he will walk you through step by step and is a super nice cool guy!
Old 04-17-2017, 03:29 PM
grantv
Le Mans Master

Received 535 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by Christian327
Dont be afraid to call richard, he will walk you through step by step and is a super nice cool guy!
I did call Richard, and he explained very well what I needed to do to fix my omission. For anyone curious and for future people who neglect to read the instructions, the fix was easy:
​​​​​​-Perform step 2A from LMC5 ops
​​​​​​-Do Unlocker instructions (only holding purple connection once for a couple seconds)
10 minutes.

Get notified of new replies

To Fuse 23 step missed...

Quick Reply: Fuse 23 step missed...