C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

N2MB WOT Box Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 10:50 PM
Richard A. Snitzer
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default N2MB WOT Box Wiring

Trying to install my wot box. The directions state to run two wires to your under hood electronic control fuse block. Instructions state to find the two pink wires at Pins a6 & e2. I pulled the top off and there are a lot of pink wires w little room to work let alone find these two pins.

I cannot find a good diagram that shows me where these pink wires are. Any help would be appreciated and trying to find them.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:26 PM
493lszosix
Pro

Received 130 Likes on 104 Posts

It's been a couple years since I installed mine but if I remember correctly the pink wires your looking for go to your coil packs, there is one for each side, look for your injector fuses there should be 2 of them one for each side of engine and verify if that's the wires your trying to find

and also you don't splice the wires in to the pink ones you have to cut them, 2 go to one wire from n2mb box and 2 go to the other and I would solder them don't use the crappy connectors that come with it
Old 05-16-2017, 11:34 PM
Richard A. Snitzer
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Default How did you...

find the two pinks (assuming they are both pink)? Sounds like you didn't bother with finding pins A6 and E2. You just knew they were the FI wires.

I pulled the fuse block up with very little give. If I am reading you correctly, there should be a PNK wire on each injector bank fuse?

Trying to read the instructions without a good pic of the cuts is very confusing. Probably only get one shot at this.

Anyone with pix at the fuse block, please jump in.

Originally Posted by 493lszosix
It's been a couple years since I installed mine but if I remember correctly the pink wires your looking for go to your coil packs, there is one for each side, look for your injector fuses there should be 2 of them one for each side of engine and verify if that's the wires your trying to find

and also you don't splice the wires in to the pink ones you have to cut them, 2 go to one wire from n2mb box and 2 go to the other and I would solder them don't use the crappy connectors that come with it
Old 05-17-2017, 12:39 AM
493lszosix
Pro

Received 130 Likes on 104 Posts

I know I took the battery out and removed the large plastic part under the fuse block to get more room but I think once I found the pink wires I "thought" were correct I may have used a tester to confirm the correct wires, disconnected the harness at coils and put my testor on that wire then tested wires at fuse block till I found the right ones
Old 05-17-2017, 12:43 AM
Richard A. Snitzer
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Duh.

I did not think about OHMing the wires.

I will get back at this in the morning.

Thanx.

Originally Posted by 493lszosix
I know I took the battery out and removed the large plastic part under the fuse block to get more room but I think once I found the pink wires I "thought" were correct I may have used a tester to confirm the correct wires, disconnected the harness at coils and put my testor on that wire then tested wires at fuse block till I found the right ones
Old 05-17-2017, 10:13 AM
Efx
Pro

Received 249 Likes on 124 Posts
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by Richard A. Snitzer

Thanx.
If you have success with it, could you take pics of this part of procedure. I'm about to start the process myself.

Thanks
Greatly appreciated.
Old 05-17-2017, 11:17 AM
Richard A. Snitzer
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Default I will take pix at the fuse block

count on it.

Originally Posted by Efx
If you have success with it, could you take pics of this part of procedure. I'm about to start the process myself.

Thanks
Greatly appreciated.
The following users liked this post:
Efx (05-17-2017)
Old 05-17-2017, 01:31 PM
Greg_E
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard A. Snitzer

Thanx.
You have a PM
Old 05-17-2017, 06:38 PM
Greg_E
Melting Slicks

Found this on their Website. With this and the info I sent you, you should be able to make some progress.

[B]Important update to the Installation instructions found in the wotbox instructions pdf.
WOT Box Installation Instructions
HARNESS REVISION AS OF 3/24/14

If your harness is equipped with an ORANGE wire it will replace the 16 gauge BLACK wire of the RED / BLACK paired wires in the instructions below. Whenever the BLACK of the RED / BLACK pair is mentioned, use the ORANGE wire. The instructions will be updated to reflect this change shortly.

To summarize the functions of the wires:
RED - Ignition coil power IN
ORANGE - Ignition coil power OUT
BLACK - Ground
GREEN - Clutch wire input
BLUE - Throttle position sensor or accelerator pedal position sensor input
YELLOW - RPM input"
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
File Type: pdf
Wiring Diagram Rev. C.pdf (370.9 KB, 189 views)

Last edited by Greg_E; 10-10-2017 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Added "Aid to Installation" and my wiring diagram. All in one place.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:53 AM
Efx
Pro

When they are talking about 2 pink wires on Pin E2 and pin A6, Red wire from WOTbox connected to wire ends that lead TO the fusebox and orange wire connected to wire that lead to the coils...
Which pink wire leads to the fusebox and which leads to the coils?
Old 05-18-2017, 11:10 AM
nsogiba
Drifting

Received 289 Likes on 233 Posts

Subscribed. I'll be tackling my N2MB install and documenting as I go in the next couple of weeks.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:03 PM
Efx
Pro

Can anyone confirm
Does A6 pin = red wire from wot box
Does E2 pin = Orange wire from wot box?

​​​​​​​Thanks
Old 05-19-2017, 08:49 AM
Efx
Pro

Will update this thread with my progress. If anyone could confirm my wiring, that would be great... Also my box came with parameters set for srt4 dodge. Can anyone share their settings that work for c5z?

The progress:

Name:  vCmNxnkh.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  136.4 KB

Name:  OQFiZ7ch.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  112.8 KB

Name:  4oZSzpdh.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  154.4 KB
Old 05-19-2017, 10:27 AM
Greg_E
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Efx
Can anyone confirm
Does A6 pin = red wire from wot box
Does E2 pin = Orange wire from wot box?

​​​​​​​Thanks
No. If you soldered E2 to an orange wire remove it. The way I read it The wires from Connector C1-A6 and C1-E2 on the bottom of the UEC are pink. Both of those wires get cut and the ends coming from fuse 18 and 22 both get spliced to the red wire on the N2MB. The wires you just cut go to the injectors and coils and they get spliced to the 16 AWG black wire of the red and black paired wire from the N2MB (older version of the N2MB) or orange wire from the N2MB ( newer version).
I just found this on their website

"WOT Box Installation Instructions
HARNESS REVISION AS OF 3/24/14

If your harness is equipped with an ORANGE wire it will replace the 16 gauge BLACK wire of the RED / BLACK paired wires in the instructions below. Whenever the BLACK of the RED / BLACK pair is mentioned, use the ORANGE wire. The instructions will be updated to reflect this change shortly.

To summarize the functions of the wires:
RED - Ignition coil power IN
ORANGE - Ignition coil power OUT
BLACK - Ground
GREEN - Clutch wire input
BLUE - Throttle position sensor or accelerator pedal position sensor input
YELLOW - RPM input"

They don't make clear in their instructions whether or not you are just tapping into the factory wiring or cutting the factory wire and replacing it with the wire from the N2MB. If you zoom up the picture of the clutch pedal position switch in the instructions, you can see that they cut the gray wire crimped on a butt splice connector and then inserted both the gray wire and green wire to the N2MB into the other end of the butt connector. The picture for the purple wire to Yellow wire on the N2MB is not clear enough to tell if the purple wire is cut and replaced by the yellow wire or the yellow wire is just piggybacked into the purple wire. My guess is that the APP and PCM wire are also piggy backed to the existing wires but I don't know that for certain. I don't think the TAC module would be happy if it didn't see the APP input and the PCM wire is RPMs.

I've been working with Rich behind the scene until we get this sorted out. I have a document that I want him to check and if it looks OK we can post it. Why don't you hold up for a little bit.

Last edited by Greg_E; 05-19-2017 at 08:47 PM.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:34 AM
Efx
Pro

Thanks for the update. Yes i re-read the instructions before proceeding. From my pics, you can see i cut E2 pink wire and spliced in RED wire from wotbox.
I cut A6 pink wire and spliced in ORANGE wire from wotbox...

I hope that's correct.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:39 AM
Greg_E
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Efx
Thanks for the update. Yes i re-read the instructions before proceeding. From my pics, you can see i cut E2 pink wire and spliced in RED wire from wotbox.
I cut A6 pink wire and spliced in ORANGE wire from wotbox...

I hope that's correct.
No. It is not correct. I just made some edits to my previous post. Reread it.

Look at the NOTES FOR ALL MODELS just below figure 2 in the instructions. Disregard the reference to the black wire. Yours is orange.

Last edited by Greg_E; 05-19-2017 at 12:25 PM.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:49 AM
Efx
Pro

i hope my scribble makes sense.. Is this the correct way of connecting those wires?

Name:  mC6t9Puh.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  18.9 KB

Get notified of new replies

To N2MB WOT Box Wiring

Old 05-19-2017, 11:50 AM
Greg_E
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Efx
i hope my scribble makes sense.. Is this the correct way of connecting those wires?

Yes that is correct.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:51 AM
Efx
Pro

Darn it. I guess i have to redo it.
Old 05-19-2017, 01:10 PM
Efx
Pro

Any tips on how to separate the fusebox Fuses section and lower wires modules. Would make it easier to solder.

Quick Reply: N2MB WOT Box Wiring