C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Projector lights question #2

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 08:53 PM
corvettenoob1
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Projector lights question #2

Lets try this again. Since someone just gave me a review on their lights and not helping me, but themselves.

I will be purchasing projector lights, similar to the ACA projectors only they work for halogens and have the halo aswell.

1. I would like to know If i can just take out the the stock reflector housing piece and not the whole headlight?

2. Will I still need to trim the stock housing base to fit the new projectors even though they are made for halogens?

3. Please refrain from telling your experiences with other lights and list me a link that tells you how to remove the reflector unit and not the whole flip up component PLZ!?

Last edited by corvettenoob1; 05-20-2017 at 03:24 AM.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:06 PM
jrprich
Le Mans Master

Received 213 Likes on 185 Posts

Your reply seems pretty critical. Many folks on CF will not appreciate the attitude.

You don't provide us with any specific info on the headlamp assemby tht you are buying. A link or even detailed pics would help.
When you say "stock reflector" are you talking about the low beam projector assembly or the high beam reflector assembly?
If the lamps you are purchasing are identical to original ACAs then it is possible to just remove the screws that hold the low beam projector assembly and remove the entire projector from the housing.
But in is not possible to simply unbolt/unscrew the high beam reflectors as they are molded into the headlight assembly. You may be able to cut them out but that will require quite a bit of skill and may ruin the entire assembly.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:17 PM
FX VETTE
Team Owner

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,182 Posts
Winner 2020 C7 of the Year - Modified

Old 05-20-2017, 03:28 AM
corvettenoob1
Instructor

I actually did state what projectors im talking about. Its in bold and underlined for you. I dont know how clearer you want that to be. Its like if I point out a scratch you would still ask where and what type,lol.

I am changing my stock ones into the ones in link. All I asked and you answered was that its possible just to replace the old housing with the aca in link as is without removing the whole headlight assembly. Theres only 4 bolts that hold it, i just dont understand the whole concept of removing the whole unit.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...A/Img_3007.jpg
Old 05-20-2017, 03:34 AM
corvettenoob1
Instructor

[QUOTE=jrprich;1594776243]Your reply seems pretty critical. Many folks on CF will not appreciate the attitude.

I dont have an attitude,lol. I would think being in a corvette forum and mentioning ACA projectors people would know what that is since people know who radioflyerinnovations is?

I was a tiny bit upset because I type the simplest of posts and noone ever understands.

Jrprich,I can make a post stating I need better rockers than stock. People would respond as the rockers for the body, not for motor.
Its not the first time this has happened. Again im not upset, just saying even the most simplist of questions can be mistaken as something else.

Like I took your response as rude and unjust when you were simply trying to understand.
Old 05-20-2017, 03:36 AM
corvettenoob1
Instructor

I saw a post dont know if it was here or somewhere else Jrprich, but they removed Just the lens portion of the headlights and not the whole unit where theres an empty space there. I just cant find it.

The person simply unbolted the bolts holding the reflector unit to the assembly and it came right out. THATS what Im trying to do and seeking advice if thats true to do or not.
Old 05-20-2017, 08:37 PM
jrprich
Le Mans Master

Received 213 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by corvettenoob1
The person simply unbolted the bolts holding the reflector unit to the assembly and it came right out.
Good luck, I have removed and installed several sets of ACAs and I think getting the assembly out and back in by unscrewing those four screws will be more difficult than taking out the assembly the recommended way.
But to each his own.
Warning, those four screws can very easily strip out the holes in the lamp housing........be careful.
Old 05-21-2017, 01:48 AM
corvettenoob1
Instructor

Your not kidding. I read the diy that they are in there with loctite and can strip or break.

Get notified of new replies

To Projector lights question #2

Quick Reply: Projector lights question #2