C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stalling at stop signs and traffic lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 09:30 PM
Gherrmann19
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stalling at stop signs and traffic lights

Hello, installed new BTR springs today and Straub trunnion upgrade today. Started fine, and idled ok. As it warmed up, the idle did fluctuate up and down slightly which it never did that before. Let it cool, restarted and took it around the block and every time I come to a stop with the clutch in, it stalls. It cranks quite a bit before restarting unless I have foot on the gas. It also smells like it's running extremely rich. Which leads me to believe vacuum leak, but I'm not sure how a vacuum leak would have been created. I only disconnected the Evap quick connects on the drivers side to remove the valve cover. On the passenger side I removed the fresh air tube and rear PCV tube only.

LS1 bottom with LS6 heads.

Anyone expereince this before?
Old 05-21-2017, 10:42 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

any codes?... check all the injector/coil connectors and plug wires to make sure they are tight and connected properly and double check anything that you had to disconnect in order to change the springs and trunnions... did you properly torque the rocker arms?... if the car was running fine before then likely it is something simple that you overlooked when putting it back together
Old 05-22-2017, 07:35 AM
Gherrmann19
Heel & Toe

No codes and no misfires. When cruising, it runs perfect. Going to take a second look at it today.
Old 05-22-2017, 12:32 PM
Gherrmann19
Heel & Toe

I did find 3 codes for loss of communication to PCM and BCM and something else. I did an idle relearn and it seems to have resolved it. Knock on wood.

Get notified of new replies

To Stalling at stop signs and traffic lights

Quick Reply: Stalling at stop signs and traffic lights