C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dry sump

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 11:42 PM
calvette88
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dry sump

question i have a accusump on my 2005 LS2 and its leaking . i would like to just get rid of it ,is there another oil tank in the car that will allow me to do that or am i stuck trying to fix this thing? it has a goyen hooked to it and i dont know if thats ever worked because the wires werent hooked up, i ask because this is my first dry sump car, thanx for any help
Old 06-18-2017, 07:10 AM
marco383
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

First off, adding an Accusump does not make your Corvette into a "dry sump" car. Oil is still stored in the pan under the engine, with a properly installed and operating Accusump providing additional oil under stored pressure in the event of a sudden drop in pressure from the engine's pump. If your Accusump's valve has not been wired to open, I would guess that the unit could be removed and the hose connection to the engine's oiling system (usually via an adaptor at the oil filter) returned to stock. Just be sure that there is enough oil in the pan before you fire the engine.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:39 AM
calvette88
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i understand that the accusump doesnt make it a dry sump i was just wondering if there was an oil storage unit allready in place,maybe ill keep it i just need to find a wireing diagram for the goyen
Old 06-19-2017, 07:42 AM
3sACROWD
Melting Slicks

Received 444 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by calvette88
question i have a accusump on my 2005 LS2 and its leaking .
I don't know if you have an LS2 transplanted into a C5 or you own a C6. Either way, you may want to ask your question in the C6 Tech section. They will have more experience with the LS2.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:21 PM
0HP RESEARCH
Former Vendor

Received 211 Likes on 132 Posts

There is not going to be a dry sump tank in your car. That being said C5's and C6's are relatively easy to do dry sump oil systems on and you have a few options.

If you want to keep the A/C you will need a long post crankshaft in the car, either by sending that one off and having it updated by someone like Shaftech or swapping to a crankshaft that has one already. This would allow you to install the LS7 front cover, two stage pump, pan, balancer, and run a OE style dry sump.

The other option is something like a Dailey Engineering or ARE system but both of these require you to loose your A/C system.

As for tank fitments you can use a OE design or a much better tank from ARE and mount it in the same location as the stock C6Z by moving the battery and installing some mounts to fix it to the car. Either way that is the easier side of things.

Below you will find a picture of the ARE 4 stage pump and pan we are using on a customer's 468 cid LS going in a BMW that will also use a ARE tank.

Get notified of new replies

To dry sump

Quick Reply: dry sump