C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks for the help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 12:11 AM
94LT1VETTER
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks for the help.

I got TPMS sensors from RockAuto and the tool. No luck programming. Long story short... having the tire pressure at regular PSI and being near a fill station at work I let air out of each tire in the proper order and wala, they all learned. So that's good to go now.

Active Handling Warming up, then service it came on. Then the annoying 15 minute reminders of failure! Well I was determined to solve this. There's no way the last dude that owned this car had all these problems for a long time. Come to find out via a Carfax last night he only owned it like 25 days. I think he changed a bunch of stuff out trying to fix a vibration issue. Water pump, HB, idler all appear to be new and the car came with new inner tie rod ends in boxes.
I hooked up my Harbor Freight Modus thing and finally figured it out. The reading for 0° steering/straight ahead should read 2.4-2.5 vDC via the steering position sensor. I read 4.5. I turned the wheel one full turn counter clockwise and read 2.49 vDC. I came to the conclusion that whomever did the balancer change didn't lock the steering wheel or let the shaft on the gearbox rotate one full turn. I disconnected the shaft from the gearbox at the gearbox (easier), rotated the steering wheel slowly one turn counter clockwise, connected back up to gearbox. Turned the wheel one turn clockwise and wheels straight ahead... guess what; yes, fixed that too! So happy now those things are good to go.

Airbag light only thing left. Yes, it flashes 7 times, but stays on.
Can anyone tell me where the mV signal comes from for the value Driver VDIF and Passenger VDIF. Reference should be btwn 0-15mV. Driver is at 27mV and passenger is at 19mV. Wouldn't there be more stuff going on if it were a NO COMM issue with the SDM? Anyone know what VDIF is an acronym for?

One of the wheels is bent too causing the vibration I think he was chasing. I'll have that fixed locally soon.

I'm not so sure my post will help anyone, but I hope it maybe helps someone scratch their head and think they may have allowed either the gearbox or steering wheel to turn or if they get the sensors I did to let air out. I found the info here which lead to positive results, so thanks!

I love having a Vette again and I'm truly enjoying the challenges it's throwing at me.

Quick Reply: Thanks for the help.