C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hid high beams install questuon

Old 06-23-2017, 02:25 AM
corvettenoob1
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default hid high beams install questuon

So I need some pics or something to solve my confusion. How will the high beam hid bulb wiring fit infront of the gold adjustment rod?

I want to buy them, but I just cant see how they will fit.

Last edited by corvettenoob1; 06-23-2017 at 02:25 AM.
Old 06-24-2017, 05:36 PM
aj98
Melting Slicks

Received 168 Likes on 137 Posts

My understanding is HIDs in the standard enclose do not work well, and blind oncoming traffic.

You are likely better off buying a full kit like RadioFlyers bi-xenons or his low profiles as opposed to trying to put HID bulbs in the standard headlight fixture.
Radioflyers kit(s) comes with very detailed instructions with lots of pictures.

Last edited by aj98; 06-24-2017 at 05:40 PM.
Old 06-25-2017, 02:34 AM
corvettenoob1
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im only using the high beams to flash people if theres a cop. I passed several cops for the past month of using my led low beams in stock housing and they have Yet to pull me over even with a loud as ***** car.
I stopped by a cop parked in a lot and asked them to judge my lights if they are blinding and he says they are bright, yes, but not blinding until Im just a car length away its just slightly blinding.

He has seen worse and wouldnt even hesitate to ticket them, but not me.

I am just updating the lighting so when im selling the car, the new owner doesnt have to change them. I have leds in it now for highs and they are bright but doesnt shine as far as I want because I ordered ones that look exactly like any led conversion kit with a cap to form a cut off beam hopefully I wouldnt care either way.

Get notified of new replies

To hid high beams install questuon

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: hid high beams install questuon