C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F45 sensor removal

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 04:41 PM
jackjohnson_218
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 86 Posts
Default F45 sensor removal

I am in the process of removing my f45 shocks and dont want to break anything as they are in good shape and can probably sell them for a few bucks. Is this black plastic case sorrounding the wire that leads into the shock removable? If it is, do I just pry it?

Old 06-30-2017, 07:46 PM
Proletariat designs
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Great photo. I think you can trace the wires back towards the frame and there will be a pig tail to disconnect the shock from the harness. Can't remember off the top of my head though.
You'll also have to disable the f45 shocks in the bcm. You can do that one of three (really two) ways. If you have the tech II software, you can deprogram it in the bcm. If not you can buy an elimination kit, ot build them yourself with a little time and some resistors. Hope that helps you out.

Last edited by Proletariat designs; 06-30-2017 at 07:49 PM.
Old 06-30-2017, 09:15 PM
jackjohnson_218
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Proletariat designs
Great photo. I think you can trace the wires back towards the frame and there will be a pig tail to disconnect the shock from the harness. Can't remember off the top of my head though.
You'll also have to disable the f45 shocks in the bcm. You can do that one of three (really two) ways. If you have the tech II software, you can deprogram it in the bcm. If not you can buy an elimination kit, ot build them yourself with a little time and some resistors. Hope that helps you out.
Thanks. I found where it clips. Not sure why I thought it was clipped into the shock but anyways I got everything out. I already had the Real Time Dampening programmed out at the dealer a few weeks ago and the ESC disconnected. I'm putting in some c6 z06 shocks right now.

Last edited by jackjohnson_218; 06-30-2017 at 09:19 PM.
Old 06-30-2017, 10:27 PM
Proletariat designs
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Nice. Post up with how you like them..... Should improve your drive experience greatly

Get notified of new replies

To F45 sensor removal

Quick Reply: F45 sensor removal