C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 C5 z06 overheating 57k miles

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 11:04 AM
Cartrizzie
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 04 C5 z06 overheating 57k miles

Last night driving around 80 degree temps outside car ran hot to about 260 bubbling coolant my fans won't come on can't figure out which relay I need to swap out if so which one cause I doubt it's my thermostat cause they don't control the fans
Old 08-21-2017, 11:48 AM
Cartrizzie
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 8VETTE7
Here is the wiring diagram. There are 3 fuses and 3 relays:

Might not be either fuses or relays. Could be you sucked in a plastic bag or other debris from along the road and its wrapped around the fans. C5 being a bottom feeder for cooling air they suck up what ever is on the road..............
What other things could be the problem if that's not it I'm at work right now just trying to knock everything thing out that could be it so I'm ready after work to fix it
Old 08-21-2017, 12:04 PM
Cartrizzie
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 8VETTE7
If the temp got to 260 and the fans did not come on it is either electrical or mechanical.

I would definitely check the actual fan motors for debris blocking them from turning. And while you are under the car for that check the wiring and connectors for the fans to see that it is not damaged.....

There is no SINGLE relay or fuse failure that can prevent BOTH fans from running. Would have to be a multiple electrical failure for NO FANS to run.
Okay I'll check it out and see what's up with them thanks I might be back with some more questions later if I don't figure it out

Get notified of new replies

To 04 C5 z06 overheating 57k miles

Quick Reply: 04 C5 z06 overheating 57k miles