C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Start issue has me stumped

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 05:42 PM
TexasC5z06
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

***Update***

Since I was really needing to figure out the problem, I went ahead and took my car up to Corvette world here in Dallas. It had been recommended by a few people, plus I didn't trust taking it to a random Chevy dealership. They had the car for a few days, when a cold front came through and they weren't able to start the car. Determined it was a faulty ignition switch, even though the switch was only a few months old. Went ahead and ordered a new switch that same day (with same day delivery via Amazon), changed it out, and it has been starting up perfectly ever since. Even this morning when it was in the low 50's.

Hopefully this will help other people that are dealing with the same issue.
The following users liked this post:
Black8Banger (10-23-2017)
Old 10-23-2017, 11:19 PM
CactusCat
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 156 Posts

Very much appreciate you letting everyone know what the problem turned out to be. By being such a great person, the Corvette gods will give you an extra 10,000 miles of trouble free driving (don't take that literally - hehe).
Old 10-24-2017, 11:56 AM
TexasC5z06
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CactusCat
Very much appreciate you letting everyone know what the problem turned out to be. By being such a great person, the Corvette gods will give you an extra 10,000 miles of trouble free driving (don't take that literally - hehe).
Great! Thanks! Haha
Old 10-26-2017, 01:55 PM
drtyTshrt
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by REKCUF
Check the two positive cables under the fuse cover in the engine compartment (next to the battery).Make sure the nut is tight that holds them down.
I had my issue today and after three turns of my key I got out to check these wires as I have never touched this area. There reds were tight but the box and whole assembly in general was loose. I just wiggled it.

Got back in the car and it fired right up.

Pulling in the garage now to diagnose

Last edited by drtyTshrt; 10-26-2017 at 03:39 PM.

Quick Reply: No Start issue has me stumped