C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B&B PRT Install Problem.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2002, 11:05 PM
Dicecal
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

Default B&B PRT Install Problem.....

I am in the process of installing PRTs with the elliptical tips on my 2001 Coupe. Everything was going great until the passenger side over the axel pipe. It is bent too far towards the center of the car, and the end of the pipe is almost against the storage compartment that dips down in the middle. I cannot get the muffler on properly, even if I could, the pipe would be vibrating against the storage compartment and the muffler would be at an angle. Anyone ever have this problem? I guess I'll call B&B and try another over the axel pipe. Any other ideas? Thanks!
Old 10-06-2002, 08:48 AM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Default Re: B&B PRT Install Problem..... (Dicecal)

It sounds like you may have two pipes made for the same side. Look at the flange. There should be a "D" embossed on one (for Drivers Side) and a "P" on the other (yep, passenger side). That's the only thought I have.

Good luck.
Old 10-06-2002, 12:30 PM
Dicecal
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Re: B&B PRT Install Problem..... (jschindler)

I looked at both pipes...many times. The D pipe fit great on the drivers side. The Pipe stamped with a P seems to be bent too much towards the center. I even tried switching the pipes incase they were improperly stamped. There is no way the P pipe is going to work, maybe I just got a bad pipe. At least I hope thats all it is.
Old 10-06-2002, 05:20 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Default Re: B&B PRT Install Problem..... (Dicecal)

I just noticed where you live. Looks like you can have this resolved tomorrow. Good luck.

Get notified of new replies

To B&B PRT Install Problem.....

Quick Reply: B&B PRT Install Problem.....