C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bcm problems??

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 11:36 AM
Wickd1
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Bcm problems??

Replaced 1999 ecm with a 02 ecm.( Flashed to my car )
picked car up from shop.. gas gauge only shows half tank after filling it up. Air bag light is on.and oil pressure gauge is on ZERO.( has good oil pressure. Checked with hp tuners before leaving shop)
shop says they think a bad ecm. Everything worked fine taking it to shop for ECM install.
can a gm service tech find the problem?
thanks
Old 10-08-2017, 02:28 PM
Rob 02
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 429 Likes on 398 Posts

Do you have access to a Tech 2 tool. The stealership will probably charge almost as much as a new knock-off tech 2 for the troubleshooting the issue. They will probably try to sell you a new PCM regardless which will be expensive.

I guess you could try disconnecting and re-connecting the battery or erasing the codes for starters if you haven't already.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:31 AM
Rob 02
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 429 Likes on 398 Posts

When you say ECM are you referring to the PCM or BCM? ECM= electronic control module which could be one of many modules.

Did you replace the body control module or power-train control module?

If it is the power-train control module then doesn't the 1999 have a different pin-out than the 2002? I know the '97-'98 did.

Get notified of new replies

To Bcm problems??

Quick Reply: Bcm problems??