C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacing my torque tube

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 08:20 PM
Wikedc5
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 32 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Replacing my torque tube

Long story but I need to replace my torque tube. I have a manual transmission and my question is will Zo6 manual torque tube be the same as a stock model.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:24 AM
cb2004mj
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yes as far as spline count and size(aka itll bolt in just fine) the difference is in the diameter of the actual shaft within the TT and the couplers/bolts inside. so the Z TT is beefier and more robust but the casing, bolt pattern, etc is the same and will bolt in just fine. did that swap 3 weeks ago myself. also, if your swapping the TT replacing the bushings is good measure. stock bushings are 10mm were as the Z06 ones are 12mm. that's your difference in sizing.
The following users liked this post:
Wikedc5 (10-13-2017)
Old 10-13-2017, 12:47 AM
Wikedc5
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 32 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=cb2004mj;1595749693]yes as far as spline count and size(aka itll bolt in just fine) the difference is in the diameter of the actual shaft within the TT and the couplers/bolts inside. so the Z TT is beefier and more robust but the casing, bolt pattern, etc is the same and will bolt in just fine. did that swap 3 weeks ago myself. also, if your swapping the TT replacing the bushings is good measure. stock bushings are 10mm were as the Z06 ones are 12mm. that's your difference in sizing.[/QUOTE

I bought one from the Internet but it was damaged any idea where I can get a good one stock or Zo6
Old 10-13-2017, 10:11 AM
cb2004mj
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought all my drivetrain through here searching the parts FS threads. I felt better supporting a fellow enthusiast as well as I felt like I was getting a decent part considering it was coming from another corvette guy/gal and not some shade tree mechanic. plus the prices here are on point. I paid 500 for my TT shipped and that was a Z06 one. then another 110 for aluminum couplers(both sides) because I don't care about vibrations, this was a weekend warrior/race car for us
The following users liked this post:
Wikedc5 (10-13-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To Replacing my torque tube

Quick Reply: Replacing my torque tube