C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have Cajundude's Vararam instructions

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 11:11 AM
DrRaySomeDay
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Anyone have Cajundude's Vararam instructions

I am planning on installing a Vararam intake this weekend and have heard the install horror stories. Many old posts rave about Cajundude's install instructions but the website they used to be on no longer works.

Does anyone have his instructions saved somewhere they could share? Or anything better than what Vararam gives you? Thanks!
Old 10-20-2017, 01:22 PM
smartadze
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It's actually pretty easy. There is a YouTube video here

Also attaching the instructions I used (pdf).

Make sure while you're in there to blow out debris from the back of the radiator.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
VR-B2_instructions.pdf (1.98 MB, 52 views)
The following users liked this post:
DrRaySomeDay (10-20-2017)
Old 10-20-2017, 10:39 PM
DrRaySomeDay
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

This is great, thank you!
Old 10-21-2017, 05:45 PM
tombrammer
Pro

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

I just installed one with the power duct on my 2001 it was a bear getting it all to fit and line up. I was not able to install the MAF by the filter like the video shows, no way it was going to fit there. I ended up installing the MAF up by the TB. I also didn't use the pieces that mate the ducts to the grill area where the fog lights are, I ended up using my stock ones and made a cut out to accept the ducts matching the ones in the kit. The ones that come with the kit have no tab on the outside end and there was no way the duct was going to line up w/o the bolt in that tab at the end. I also found it was VERY difficult to get the MAF out of the stock air bridge, I finally got it out by prying with a really big screw driver and then twisting it the rest of the way out slowly. Good luck with your install, it's pretty frustrating getting it in but when you do you will really like it. I also think you will need a tune, my car is running really rich at WOT now. I can post some pictures to help if you need them.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:40 AM
Cajundude
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In 7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Haven't been on here in quite some time but wow, my instructions are still valid and wanted?

I just popped on here tonight looking for a manual torque tube and ran across this. I'm still dealing with hurricane issues but will try and put up those and the other instructions I had back up soon if they help. I figure there would be much better ones since mine were from the early 2000's...
The following users liked this post:
VaraRam Industries (11-08-2017)
Old 11-05-2017, 12:58 PM
jrprich
Le Mans Master

Received 213 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by Cajundude
I just popped on here tonight looking for a manual torque tube and ran across this. I'm still dealing with hurricane issues
Wish you the best in cleaning up after Harvey. I grew up in Houston and spent my first 25 years there. Saw many hurricanes between 1950-1975 but never saw anything that came close to Harvey's damage.
Best of luck
Jim
Old 11-07-2017, 06:06 PM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 331 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by Cajundude
Haven't been on here in quite some....
S'up bro

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone have Cajundude's Vararam instructions