C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket radio and speakers running all new speaker wires. Amp for my subs.

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 05:38 AM
Ricky Bennight
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket radio and speakers running all new speaker wires. Amp for my subs.

I installed a Kenwood CD player in my c5. I got everything working. The problem is all the extra wires behind my deck. What are they for? Cause now my oil pressure gauge is pegged out. My car is reading all kinds of codes and stuff. Something to do with my data communications whatever you call it. Where do all those data wires go? What color is my dash light wire? Someone please help me. I have been jacking with this crap for over a week. I live in Abilene tx where if people don't know how to do it then they puss out. All the radio places in Abilene are scared to dick around with it. PLEASE HELP ME OUT . I got the axxess 2004 harness and my data wires are still back there. Where do o hook them? This **** sucks. Want my truck back.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:42 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,303 Likes on 13,975 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Going to move this over to C5 Tech (perhaps can help with the wiring identification) and see how that goes. It may eventually end up in the Audio/Electronics Section.
Old 11-26-2017, 12:10 PM
GCG
Melting Slicks

Received 725 Likes on 577 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricky Bennight
...PLEASE HELP ME OUT...
I replied to your other thread on this problem, but you never answered back

-From the other thread:
...So I have a bunch of extra wires left... ...I should've got the harness but didn't... ...Can anyone point me in the right direction
-Pointing you in the right direction:

You didn't mention if you're keeping the rest of the system intact and just replacing the headunit.

If that is the case, to properly do this you will need an adapter (not just a harness) to provide the required interface. This is due to the way the factory system was designed.

The 2 most common adapters are:
Replacing the head unit should be just plug-and-play by using either one. Both have setup adjustments to customize sound/levels. After tweaking them to your liking, they shouldn't require further touching.

Last edited by GCG; 11-26-2017 at 12:16 PM.
Old 11-26-2017, 02:08 PM
GCG
Melting Slicks

I installed a Kenwood CD player in my c5... ...The problem is all the extra wires behind my deck. What are they for?... ...My car is reading all kinds of codes and stuff. Something to do with my data communications... ...Where do all those data wires go? What color is my dash light wire?... ...I got the axxess 2004 harness and my data wires are still back there. Where do o hook them?...
If I'm following you right, you first installed the new headunit leaving the rest of the system intact, but without using the required adapter, and later on you purchased the Axxess XSVI-2004 adapter.

If that is the case, I suggest you remove your new headunit and begin from scratch, this time installing the Access XSVI-2004 adapter as per its directions below.

I don't know exactly what you did, but the OEM headunit was connected to the Serial Data Bus and now you are receiving error codes regarding this connection...

You need to splice the Kenwood headunit factory harness to the Axxess XSVI-2004 connector following this guide. The other connector from the Axxess plugs directly into the OEM connector that used to be plugged to the OEM headunit (I just hope you didn't cut it and discarded it). You can download the complete installation manual here.

Wiring the XSVI-2004:
• Connect the Yellow wire to the radio’s 12-volt battery or memory wire.
• Connect the Black wire to the radio’s ground wire.
• Connect the Red wire to the ignition wire of the aftermarket radio.
• Connect the Orange/White wire to the illumination wire of the aftermarket radio.
If the aftermarket radio has no illumination wire, tape off the orange wire.
• Connect the Blue/White wire to the amp turn on wire of the aftermarket radio.
• Connect the White wire to the left front positive speaker output of the aftermarket radio.
• Connect the White/Black wire to the left front negative speaker output of the
aftermarket radio.
• Connect the Gray wire to the right front positive speaker output of the aftermarket radio
• Connect the Gray/Black wire to the right front negative speaker output of the
aftermarket radio.
• Connect the Green wire to the radio’s left rear positive speaker output.
• Connect the Green/Black wire to the radio’s left rear negative speaker output.
• Connect the Purple wire to the radio’s right rear positive speaker output.
• Connect the Purple/Black wire to the radio’s right rear negative speaker output.

Last edited by GCG; 11-26-2017 at 02:17 PM.
Old 11-26-2017, 03:34 PM
Ricky Bennight
Navigator

Originally Posted by GCG
If I'm following you right, you first installed the new headunit leaving the rest of the system intact, but without using the required adapter, and later on you purchased the Axxess XSVI-2004 adapter.

If that is the case, I suggest you remove your new headunit and begin from scratch, this time installing the Access XSVI-2004 adapter as per its directions below.

I don't know exactly what you did, but the OEM headunit was connected to the Serial Data Bus and now you are receiving error codes regarding this connection...

You need to splice the Kenwood headunit factory harness to the Axxess XSVI-2004 connector following this guide. The other connector from the Axxess plugs directly into the OEM connector that used to be plugged to the OEM headunit (I just hope you didn't cut it and discarded it). You can download the complete installation manual here.
YOU ARE THE MAN. YESSSSSSSSZ. FINALLY. I love this forum. And now I'm good to go.
Old 11-26-2017, 03:35 PM
Ricky Bennight
Navigator

Default I

[QUOTE=GCG;1596048083]If I'm following you right, you first installed the new headunit leaving the rest of the system intact, but without using the required adapter, and later on you purchased the Axxess XSVI-2004 adapter.

You need to splice the Kenwood headunit factory harness to the Axxess XSVI-2004 connector following this guide. The other connector from the Axxess plugs directly into the OEM connector that used to be plugged to the OEM headunit (I just hope you didn't cut it and discarded it). You can download the complete installation manual here.[/QUOTE. I DID CUT IT AND DISREGARDED IT BUT FOUND IT. I MUST SAY **** YES. YOU THE MAN
Old 11-26-2017, 06:17 PM
GCG
Melting Slicks

YOU ARE THE MAN. YESSSSSSSSZ. FINALLY. I love this forum. And now I'm good to go.
I DID CUT IT AND DISREGARDED IT BUT FOUND IT. I MUST SAY **** YES. YOU THE MAN
LOL You're welcome!
Old 12-07-2017, 09:40 PM
Ricky Bennight
Navigator

Originally Posted by GCG

another question. Can you call me if that's ok. 3357335388. This **** is bout to drive me to a 30 pack.
Old 12-11-2017, 10:19 PM
GCG
Melting Slicks

another question. Can you call me if that's ok. 3357335388. This **** is bout to drive me to a 30 pack.
Sorry I didn't reply sooner, but I was traveling. Were you able to figure this out? I'll try to give you a call, in the mean time check this step-by-step installation. It is very detailed and has lots of pictures. I'm sure it will help you.

It even has a follow-up in Post 2 with a note regarding how to fine tune the adapter for better sound. Also, check Post 10 for extra clarification on some critical splices

Last edited by GCG; 12-11-2017 at 10:30 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Aftermarket radio and speakers running all new speaker wires. Amp for my subs.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket radio and speakers running all new speaker wires. Amp for my subs.