C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust help

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2017, 10:34 PM
red88L98convert
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Exhaust help

So, I think I blew a baffle apart on one of my stainlessworks mufflers. It isn't hampering the performance, but is loud as hell. Can anyone help me with brands of mufflers that are slip fit over the axle, vs. bolt on??
I've been looking, but can't find any.
Tia
Old 12-28-2017, 10:55 PM
DaDuck
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I have been looking also.....have not seen any new mufflers for sale without the over axle pipes. Definately a market demand. I have 2 stock systems that I would like to cut off the stock mufflers and install some performance mufflers to the over axle pipes.
Old 12-29-2017, 11:16 AM
red88L98convert
Racer

I should have been more clear. I'm not looking for just mufflers, although that could solve my problem. I'm looking for mufflers with the over axle pieces. I just need them to be slip fit onto the mid pipes instead of bolting to the mid pipes like the stock exhaust does.
Old 12-29-2017, 12:19 PM
grantv
Le Mans Master

Received 535 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by red88L98convert
I should have been more clear. I'm not looking for just mufflers, although that could solve my problem. I'm looking for mufflers with the over axle pieces. I just need them to be slip fit onto the mid pipes instead of bolting to the mid pipes like the stock exhaust does.
Might not be the reply you're hoping for, but I highly doubt any such item is available. The market needs a simple bolt on rear section for 99.99% of buyers.
Did you cut out that section somehow?
Old 12-29-2017, 01:21 PM
red88L98convert
Racer

It's entirely possible I'm an idiot. After looking at some of the systems Stainless Works has on their website, I'm thinking I have bolt on, not slip fit mufflers. It's been a few years since I put the exhaust on and haven't looked at that section since. I'm gonna jack the rear end up tonight and double check.
Old 12-29-2017, 04:19 PM
johnson-rod
Melting Slicks

Received 367 Likes on 260 Posts

I'll bet when you get under there you will find one of your pipes it broken off from the flange. It sounds like a AA/Fuel dragster when that pipe breaks. I used to take it all off and bring it to a welding shop where they did a beautiful welding job. It lasted 3 years. Now I just take it to the neighborhood Midas shop. It also lasts 3 years between breaks but its less trouble for me.

Get notified of new replies

To Exhaust help

Quick Reply: Exhaust help