C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire pressure sensors

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 11:16 AM
woodenr
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire pressure sensors

I will be replacing my wagon wheel rims with new rims soon on my 1998 coupe. I will also replacing the current tires and in as much as the tire pressure sensors are 20 years old, I think it would be wise to replace them as well. There are GM and after market sensors to choice from that range in price and style. Any suggestion as to what's my best option would be?
Richard
Old 01-30-2018, 12:25 PM
v6turbo87
Pro

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

I would buy the ones made by Schrader. $55 each on Amazon. I could be wrong but I think the OEM ones were also made by Schrader???
The following users liked this post:
woodenr (01-31-2018)
Old 01-30-2018, 02:06 PM
Robrote
Burning Brakes

Received 177 Likes on 117 Posts

Scharder. They made them for GM. Amazon, Ebay, they all have them a lot cheaper than the stealership.
The following users liked this post:
woodenr (01-31-2018)
Old 01-31-2018, 01:44 PM
SG Lou
Safety Car

Received 487 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by 8VETTE7
Caution when purchasing aftermarket TPMS for any year C5. Most do not use the magnet that the OEM TPMS used to program them to the car. Some require letting air out of each tire, others have proprietary tools that need to be used to program them.

Numerous threads on the Forum about the difficulties of programming the aftermarket units to the C5. If you go the aftermarket route make certain you know what is needed to get the programming accomplished before you pay your money.

Get Schrader TPM's and you'll have no problems.

Get notified of new replies

To Tire pressure sensors

Quick Reply: Tire pressure sensors