C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Broken Tits? (window seals)

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2018, 08:34 PM
whalepirot
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 108 Posts

Default Broken ****? (window seals)

Two of the plastic "rivets" that hold the outer window seal were broken on the R side, plus the aft-most on the L side, when I did some work that required removing the interior panel. The seals are fine, pliable etc.

New replacements are $35-$75/ea +/-, which is a waste of cash, as those rivets are available. Initially, I thought they were molded into/along with the seals, but drilling out the centers, readying each for replacement, I discovered they are push-pin rivets. I did have to enlarge the holes slightly for the replacements.

The 'auction place' kit of assorted rivets and tools employed:

Actually this type had a plastic phillips head, which didn't do well against my mighty wrist, so I employed the smaller push-pin type.

Fourteen bucks and some time.

Last edited by whalepirot; 03-07-2018 at 08:36 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by whalepirot:
Mickeyrx70 (03-08-2018), Yello95 (03-08-2018)
Old 03-14-2018, 09:03 PM
Sam Handwich
Burning Brakes

Received 108 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by whalepirot
Two of the plastic "rivets" that hold the outer window seal were broken on the R side, plus the aft-most on the L side, when I did some work that required removing the interior panel. The seals are fine, pliable etc.

New replacements are $35-$75/ea +/-, which is a waste of cash, as those rivets are available. Initially, I thought they were molded into/along with the seals, but drilling out the centers, readying each for replacement, I discovered they are push-pin rivets. I did have to enlarge the holes slightly for the replacements.

Fourteen bucks and some time.
I had a similar problem with my "****". Drilled a hole in the place where the break occurred. I used some nylon machine bolts and superglue; and then I used the Super-glue plus baking soda trick to make sure the bond was solid.

My **** look and feel much firmer after the plastic surgery.
YMMV
Old 03-17-2018, 12:55 AM
Brad Kirby
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

LMAO after reading that title.

Get notified of new replies

To Broken Tits? (window seals)

Quick Reply: Broken Tits? (window seals)