C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alignment recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 10:05 PM
a_ahmed
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

Default Alignment recommendations

Hey guys,

Need some opinions, I was debating whether to post in the autocross/road race section as that is more likely the section I would get answers in but it doesn't have to be race specific so I'll start here.

What does everyone run for alignment on their C5? I have steinjagger swaybars and endlinks, aftermarket spherical rear toe arms, front moog tie rods, had HSD coilovers soon switching to aldan coilovers (excited) and Michel Pilot Supersports (275/35/18 18x9.5 front and 285/35/19 rear 19x10).

Can't run wider or stickier at the moment $$$, but will some day.

When I had the stock leafsprings Z51 package slammed the car was crap in handling but VERY stable at high speeds, getting to 300kph was a breeze I could let off the steering wheel and it stood still.

Since I went to coilovers it seems like lots of bumpsteer came to be and rear felt unstable... felt vague and unstable under 200 even... at 250-260 fighting for life LOL.

What do people run for alignment that is better handling, but still stable for high speed runs?

I took the car to several shops and none made the car feel right...

Last edited by a_ahmed; 03-12-2018 at 10:06 PM.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:23 AM
3sACROWD
Melting Slicks

Received 446 Likes on 328 Posts

If you post your alignment results, you may get better feedback. Also search Pfadt alignment specs. You will find a PDF file that lists recommended settings based on your driving usage.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:25 AM
a_ahmed
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

http://www.pfadtracing.com/blog/wp-c...-alignment.pdf

Got it

Performance Street - Track Use with Street Tires
Front min max
Camber (deg) -1.1 -1.3
Caster (deg) 7.5 8.5
Toe -1/16" 0
Rear
Camber (deg) -0.7 -0.9
Toe -1/8" -1/16"
Notes
These settings will provide good all around performance. The tires will wear the inside edges
in street use and the outside edges on the race track. This is a good dual purpose alignment.

I suppose this should be good to use.

If I am not mistaken this shows both negative toe (toe out?)... not sure how that would make the car more stable, it may make the car more responsive but not more stable.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:10 PM
6speedsteve
Drifting

Received 486 Likes on 311 Posts

How low did you lower on the coilovers?

The lower control arms do they look Level, Facing Up, Or Down.

Picture for reference, control arms look to be level to up a little at the ball joint location.

Name:  DSC_0004.JPG
Views: 105
Size:  79.5 KB

Get notified of new replies

To Alignment recommendations

Quick Reply: Alignment recommendations