C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anti Venom Mod thoughts...

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 07:24 PM
am3gross
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Anti Venom Mod thoughts...

Watched some you-tube videos, which always gets me in trouble.. Learned of this Anti Venom Mod, so.... I ordered parts.. Along with the 2 washers that came in today was my jacking pucks, so i just had to try those out.. Anti Venom mod is as advertised. I have a MGW short throw shifter and the notchiness and the pure strength to get in gear made it unpleasant for the wife to drive. With 2 washers installed it makes it so smooth to shift thru the gears, i still get the little notchy feeling i like and the wife who has yet had the chance to drive it i am sure will like the ease of the gears. Great mod for who ever does it! Thumbs up from this member!!!

Mike
The following 2 users liked this post by am3gross:
ArmchairArchitect (06-17-2018), Dark Sarcasm (06-14-2018)
Old 06-14-2018, 11:45 PM
grantv
Le Mans Master

Received 535 Likes on 491 Posts

Nice little write up, thanks. I have considered this, but I am the only one driving my car (my wife drove it once or twice in the first couple years, not at all the last couple).
Still something I'd consider as a mini winter project.
Old 06-15-2018, 01:08 AM
Brackets
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

You don't need to wait for winter. This mod takes less time to do than jacking the rear of the car up. I did it to mine, I wasn't too happy with the feel of my B&M and it feels much better now.
The following users liked this post:
ArmchairArchitect (06-17-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 01:25 AM
WICKEDFRC
Race Director

Received 1,652 Likes on 738 Posts

The "AntiVenom" mod can be done with one or two copper washers over the stock bolt for $1.00 and does the same exact thing.

Last edited by WICKEDFRC; 07-02-2018 at 07:58 AM.
Old 06-15-2018, 09:00 AM
am3gross
Racer

like said above, super easy to do. a matter of taking a bolt out and throwing washers on it and putting it back in. i would not wait till winter!

also as far as the washers go, you could spend the 5 bucks for the two washers or you could take the plug out and go to the hardware store to get the right size washer. again super super easy
Old 06-15-2018, 11:00 AM
JHrinsin
Drifting

Received 390 Likes on 318 Posts

The Anti Venom mod did wonders for me with my Hurst shifter and I only used one washer. Getting the detent bolt back in was a bit of a challenge at least for me - most likely because did not have the car high enough to get the just right angle on my arm/hand. Plus I was scared that I would cross thread the trany case.

Hopefully I can get my TMODCustoms lower shifter box installed afternoon as well. That should finish the whole project and help to make a major improvement;

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ter-boxes.html
Old 06-16-2018, 08:06 PM
am3gross
Racer

Originally Posted by JHrinsin
The Anti Venom mod did wonders for me with my Hurst shifter and I only used one washer. Getting the detent bolt back in was a bit of a challenge at least for me - most likely because did not have the car high enough to get the just right angle on my arm/hand. Plus I was scared that I would cross thread the trany case.

Hopefully I can get my TMODCustoms lower shifter box installed afternoon as well. That should finish the whole project and help to make a major improvement;

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ter-boxes.html

yeah OJ replaced my lower box with the one from MGW, looks pretty close to the one you are installing. I am happy with mine 100 percent now, feeling, noise, functionality.. all complete now.
Old 06-18-2018, 12:31 AM
dproto09
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

once you installed the two washer. how much do you torque the bolt to?
Old 06-18-2018, 09:58 AM
johnson-rod
Melting Slicks

Received 367 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by dproto09
once you installed the two washer. how much do you torque the bolt to?
Snug.

Get notified of new replies

To Anti Venom Mod thoughts...

Quick Reply: Anti Venom Mod thoughts...