Driver's side AC Actuator unit - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver's side AC Actuator unit

Old 07-05-2018, 04:04 PM
Pjduto

Default Driver's side AC Actuator unit

Hi Guys;

I have the dash pad off (needed to fix heads up unit anyway). Is there any trick to getting to the screws on the driver's side actuator door unit. I was getting cold air passenger and hot driver with AC on and checked the codes which indicated drivers side actuator door control unit. I have the part but trying to get at the 6mm bolts that hold it in is a bitch. Does anyone have a trick to get these out and back in. I am concerned about losing the back bolt even if I can get it out. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!
Old 07-06-2018, 08:14 PM
1KLRTOY
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Pjduto View Post
Hi Guys;

I have the dash pad off (needed to fix heads up unit anyway). Is there any trick to getting to the screws on the driver's side actuator door unit. I was getting cold air passenger and hot driver with AC on and checked the codes which indicated drivers side actuator door control unit. I have the part but trying to get at the 6mm bolts that hold it in is a bitch. Does anyone have a trick to get these out and back in. I am concerned about losing the back bolt even if I can get it out. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!
I just did my 01, I used a small dab of clay to hold the bottom screw in place when putting the new actuator in, I used a 1/4" drive ratchet to remove it. Also move the side defroster duct and remove the inside temp duct and sound muffler and instrument cluster, you don't have to unplug the instrument cluster just move it to the left to gain more room. FYI I changed both actuators and the hazard switch while I had the cover off, don't really want to do it again!
The Following User Says Thank You to 1KLRTOY For This Useful Post:
Pjduto (07-06-2018)
Old 07-10-2018, 10:28 PM
Mickeyrx70
CF Senior Member

Old 07-11-2018, 06:36 PM
TastyBacon
CF Senior Member

Ugh, I have to do this job soon too. Good luck, subscribing for results.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Driver's side AC Actuator unit

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: