C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replaced shifter and now gas and rear hatch door won't open

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 10:16 PM
OuiMan
Cruising

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Replaced shifter and now gas and rear hatch door won't open

Hi fellow forum members,

Tonight I worked on installing the new TMOD Shifter box and shifter that Tom made me on my 98 coupe. I got it all installed (so far works great) but when I went to put the center console together, I tested the gas door only to find that it didn't work. I have checked the connector about 10 times now and I'm very confident that I have had it fully plugged in and connected. I've checked fuse 32 and it looks good. I put all the connectors in place and I can turn traction control on and off, but the fuel door doesn't work. I found a post on here where someone had an issue with both the rear hatch and the fuel door wouldn't open. So I tested the rear hatch button, and it sadly it won't work either. I checked fuse 26 and it looks good too.

The only thing I can think of is that I had one wire just disconnected in the wiring. There is a 2 wire white/white red where one of side of it is soldered into the black wire of the traction control The other side was just disconnected and left open. Could this one wire be the source of all my problems? Is there somewhere it needs to connect? There doesn't seem to be a pin for the gas/fuel door. There doesn't appear to be a pin for it to connect to in the traction control connector either.

Many thanks in advance for any advise you can lend.

Old 11-08-2018, 09:07 PM
OuiMan
Cruising

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It ended up being the fuse. I replaced the 15 amp fuse in 32 and now everything works. No issue now.
Old 11-09-2018, 03:03 AM
jdmvette
Night Owl for life
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,247 Likes on 1,668 Posts

glad we could help
Old 11-09-2018, 08:02 AM
acuevo
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by jdmvette
glad we could help