C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior mirror light

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2018, 07:40 AM
Ohio Royce
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior mirror light

I have done some searching on here for this specific issue and have not found anything, but maybe it's buried somewhere given there is so much information, so maybe someone can help me out. I have noticed that the light under the mirror says on after I close the door. This only happens on the driver's side. The light under the mirror on the passenger side goes out after a few seconds. Eventually the battery saver will cut the driver's side under mirror light out. I checked to make sure I did not have the switch under the mirror on for that light. I also checked the little button on the left side of the dash to make sure I did not have that turned where it would keep the light on. I tried to see if there was anything in the owner's manual with this issue, but didn't find anything. This does not happen when the key is on and the car is running. Is there some sort of a timer circuit or module somewhere that I should pull and test it or what? How difficult is it to get to that timer? Thank you. Royce
Old 11-11-2018, 02:10 PM
Route99
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 863 Likes on 667 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

To help understand this a little better:
If you get in the car and immediately close the door and turn the key to start your engine does the light stay on or fade off?
If you shut the car off, get out and close the door, does the light fade and go off after about 20 seconds?
Old 11-13-2018, 12:25 PM
Ohio Royce
Cruising

I get in the car, close the door and turn the key to on. I didn't turn it all the way over to the starter activating. The light does not go out. I tune the key back to off, get out, close the door and the light stays on beyond 20 seconds. I think the battery saver finally cuts the power to the light. On one occasion I got in the car and the driver side mirror light went out, but the passenger side stayed on. But after getting in and out, it reverted back to the driver side coming on and staying on.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:15 AM
Ohio Royce
Cruising

Well, duh. I think I figured out the problem. It's called not being used to the car and the switches that control the lights. Everything seems to be fine now.

Get notified of new replies

To Interior mirror light

Quick Reply: Interior mirror light