C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Found my solution to heavy tick master!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 01:07 PM
2kFRC_HWN
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Found my solution to heavy tick master!

If you already have the tick master installed and don'tike the narrow engagement and stiff pedal converting the 7/8 to a 3/4 master works great.

Found this thread below...

​​​https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-tech/3306676-ditching-tick-mc-for-stock-what-do-i-need.html

As per the thread I bought a til-75-750 master from summit. It was 75 dollars shipped.

The one thing is that the universal master is not tapped for bolts. Otherwise it is a very straightforward swap using the other parts from tick.

Instead of taping the master, I put bolts and nuts through it instead. You have to open up the firewall a bit to do this.

My old tick master would not come out with the pedal box installed and removing that is a bit of a pain. I opened up the firewall enough with a dremel to remove the master.

I'm sure the firewall can be opened up smaller, nicer and more strategically... I made 2 different cuts, One to get it out and the other to clear the bolts. I'm thinking it could be done with one, where the bolt holes are. .

Super happy with this. The clutch is no longer on/ off and pedal pressure is just a bit firmer than stock!

​​​​​

Top is what comes from tick

Quick Reply: Found my solution to heavy tick master!