C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Everything needed to do l92 swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 05:23 PM
Austinwasthere
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Everything needed to do l92 swap

Hey guys,

im doing a l92(2007 Escalade 6.2)swap in my 2002 c5 z06 since the ls6 decided to throw its internals on the concrete. Car currently has an a&a kit on it as well. From a little research on here it seems like I will need to get an extension harness for the map sensor and swap reluctor wheels on the l92 to a the ls6 reluctor...has any tried using a conversion module? Also my ls6 oil pan is toast so would the l92 oil pan work or would I need a “corvette” specific oil pan?

Thanks in advance for any help
Old 01-20-2019, 09:51 PM
redzg
Melting Slicks

Received 665 Likes on 533 Posts

Haven't done it -- but have been thinking along similar lines. Seems to me the cam sensor and knock sensors are different, and need adaptation as well. Have not read much positive relative to the conversion modules, but as far as I've ever read changing the reluctor wheel requires the crank be out of the engine -- positioning of the new one is, of course, quite critical. Can not imagine there is any chance of anything but a C5 oil pan working.
Old 01-29-2019, 11:48 AM
jrob56
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

This will help get you started, good overview.

http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/eng...han-you-think/

Buddy had a ls3 swapped Fbody I got to work on and enjoy and converter box did its job. No issues. Think I remember there were early versions that did have some.

Last edited by jrob56; 01-29-2019 at 11:58 AM.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:08 PM
ASRoff
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

whoa that's a pretty open ended question... did you get the computer and harness with the engine?
Old 01-31-2019, 10:46 PM
vettin_it
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

He won't need the computer or harness from the donor vehicle .
Op you will need another corvette oil pan, you will also need an intake manifold from an ls3 car. The map sensor wiring will need to be extended and the connector changed to plug into the ls3 map .
You will need to extend the cam sensor harness to reach the front cover where the l92 cam sensor is located .
Relocate the knock sensors to the side of the block and extend those harness as well or just delete them since they don't work all too well in that location anyways .

Putting the 24x reluctor on the l92 crank is definitely more reliable but costs more unless you can do it yourself.
I've seen a few lingenfelter conversion boxes fail .

Of course you will need the pcm tuned properly after the swap .
Old 02-01-2019, 01:33 AM
ASRoff
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

I asked because there are several ways to do this... yours is one way... the original computer and harness from the engine is another... or you could cut all that out and go aftermarket. Lou Giglottti is working on plug and play harnesses for a motec system......... he has the C6 done.. he is working on a C5 harness now... motec is probably the most expensive but its a really good system... I also personally like holleys hp and dominator systems as well as Big stuff3 .
Old 02-01-2019, 09:36 AM
jrob56
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by ASRoff
I asked because there are several ways to do this... yours is one way... the original computer and harness from the engine is another... or you could cut all that out and go aftermarket. Lou Giglottti is working on plug and play harnesses for a motec system......... he has the C6 done.. he is working on a C5 harness now... motec is probably the most expensive but its a really good system... I also personally like holleys hp and dominator systems as well as Big stuff3 .
Why would you do a standalone in a car that can easily use the stock computer plus a couple extensions?
Old 12-01-2020, 09:58 PM
TjohnsonATX
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Austinwasthere
Hey guys,

im doing a l92(2007 Escalade 6.2)swap in my 2002 c5 z06 since the ls6 decided to throw its internals on the concrete. Car currently has an a&a kit on it as well. From a little research on here it seems like I will need to get an extension harness for the map sensor and swap reluctor wheels on the l92 to a the ls6 reluctor...has any tried using a conversion module? Also my ls6 oil pan is toast so would the l92 oil pan work or would I need a “corvette” specific oil pan?

Thanks in advance for any help

did you have to ditch the A&A for the l92? Or did it bolt up. I’m on the verge of picking up an l92 but 587whp from a .30 bored 5.3 and a&a is stupid fun.

looking to see how this all panned out for you. I want the L92, A&A, blower cam and meth to all have a party under the hood!
Old 12-29-2021, 12:54 PM
old stingray
Le Mans Master

Received 122 Likes on 103 Posts

Good write up,Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Everything needed to do l92 swap

Quick Reply: Everything needed to do l92 swap