Anyone using T1 Camber Plates? Install Question! - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C5 Corvettes, 1997 - 2004 > C5 Tech
Reload this Page >

Anyone using T1 Camber Plates? Install Question!

Notices
C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone using T1 Camber Plates? Install Question!

Old 04-18-2003, 05:44 PM
jasonberkeley
CF Senior Member

Default Anyone using T1 Camber Plates? Install Question!

I am installing the GM T1 camber plates on my front lower control arm mounts, and the GM bolts (p/n15688265) appear to be too short.

Am I missing something, or do I simply have the wrong bolts?

I put the large camber plate (with the semi-circle) where the stock concentric circle bolt head was located, and the rectangular plate on the other side by where the concentric washer went.

When I slide the new bolt through, it is too short (end of bolt just barely sticks out past small camber plate- almost flush) so there is not enough thread to install the nut.

Am I missing something or doing this wrong? Is there another bolt number I should be using?

Thanks for any help!

Jason
Old 04-18-2003, 07:18 PM
jasonberkeley
CF Senior Member

Default Re: Anyone using T1 Camber Plates? Install Question! (jasonberkeley)

The bolts that GM sent are 4 5/16" long fon the underside of the head to the end.

How long should they be?

In counting the number of threads on an old post from David Farmer, it looks like there are about 6-10 more threads on the one pictured versus what GM sent me (22 on mine vs 28-30 or so on David's).

Also, mine had a round shoulder beneath the hex, where as David's only seems to have the hex itself.
Old 04-19-2003, 07:41 AM
John Shiels
CF Senior Member

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Default Re: Anyone using T1 Camber Plates? Install Question! (jasonberkeley)

Does anyone in this section turn? :lol:

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone using T1 Camber Plates? Install Question!

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: