C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Body Pressure Relief Valve?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 01:57 PM
allanlaw
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Body Pressure Relief Valve?

Has anyone run into this puppy? The 2001 Service Manual shows it located behind the left side rear carpet trim piece, which I'm guessing is the piece in the coupe where the latch is located for holding your top when you store it in the hatch. I'm curious if it would be suitable as an access point for running cables from behind the brake lights into the hatch area.
Old 07-15-2003, 03:53 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 711 Likes on 492 Posts

Default Re: Body Pressure Relief Valve? (allanlaw)

It is a little flap. I would just drill a hole through the fiberglass floor. That way, you can make it any size you need, and just silicone the wire once installed.
Old 07-15-2003, 03:53 PM
aaaa
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've looked for it too with no luck. :confused:
Old 07-15-2003, 05:14 PM
allanlaw
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Body Pressure Relief Valve? (davidfarmer)

It is a little flap. I would just drill a hole through the fiberglass floor. That way, you can make it any size you need, and just silicone the wire once installed.
One of the items I want to run is a computer cable with a 9-pin connector on the end. Unless I take the plug apart or cut and then splice the cable back together, it would take a fairly large hole to get it through. That's the appeal of using the flap, if I can find it and it won't cause any problem.
Old 07-15-2003, 07:58 PM
Z11409
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Barrister at Large--its in the left rear corner of hatch back area.Just pull away the faux cardboard carpet material and its about 4 inches square.On the my first time in excess of 145mph in the Z and the side windows blew out. I found that the cardboard had been pushed against the valve and not letting the built up pressure escape.
Old 07-15-2003, 08:38 PM
allanlaw
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Body Pressure Relief Valve? (Z11409)

Barrister at Large--its in the left rear corner of hatch back area.Just pull away the faux cardboard carpet material and its about 4 inches square.On the my first time in excess of 145mph in the Z and the side windows blew out. I found that the cardboard had been pushed against the valve and not letting the built up pressure escape.
Hey, Mr. Z - is it the BACK wall or the SIDE wall in the rear left area??

Get notified of new replies

To Body Pressure Relief Valve?

Quick Reply: Body Pressure Relief Valve?