C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kooks Headers????

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 10:22 AM
FLYNAVY30
Le Mans Master

Received 2,368 Likes on 1,036 Posts

Default Kooks Headers????

For those that are running these, what kind of numbers are you getting? Also, how hard were they to install? I saw a write up on one of the other forums saying that they were a pain in the azz and not only did you have to remove all of the usual stuff to install them, but you also had to jack the motor up and pund them in from the top with a hammer. Anybody else have these problems??? Thanks for the help.
Old 02-24-2004, 04:51 PM
TRR
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Kooks Headers???? (FLYNAVY30)

I don't know about the C5, yet, but I did put them on my A4 Z28. Also put the Kook's Y-pipe, and high flow cats. With LS1 Edit and Dyno Tune, we got 47.6 RWHP and 45.5 RWTQ from just the Exhaust. These are really good headers.

TRR
Old 02-24-2004, 06:37 PM
88sk
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Kooks Headers???? (TRR)

I recently put a set on, was easy install no hammer needed ,big power differance should of putem on sooner,as far as "other posts"some people here might have an agenda against KOOKS ,so dont always believe what u read here,they can put things in a suttle way to hurt sales , most guys here who got in on the GP on KOOKS never said anything bad.

Get notified of new replies

To Kooks Headers????

Quick Reply: Kooks Headers????