C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

super charger

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 01:29 AM
rarfinacial
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default super charger

I would like to install a super charger on a stock 2004 C5 six speed. Any input? Any problems? Thanks :chevy :confused:
Old 02-26-2004, 01:33 AM
fsuforever
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: super charger (rarfinacial)

nope u shouldnt have any problems finding a nice system for your car i would go over to the forced induction/nitrous section & read up on what these other members are supercharging there vettes with .Since your in california check out this hes close to you & has a good rep for a nice blower https://www.aandacorvette.com/cart/show_items.asp?MainCatID=18

[Modified by fsuforever, 6:34 AM 2/26/2004]
Old 02-26-2004, 07:23 AM
Sportsdude
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problem here. What system are you looking at?
Old 03-02-2004, 03:13 AM
Gray Ghost GS
"AlohaC5" Senior Member

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Rarfinacial - I also have a 2004 C5 and had been researching superchargers. In my opinion it comes down to MagnaCharger, Vortech or ProCharger. You will read a lot of pros/cons for each of these systems.

Based on my research, if you don't mind changing the hood - the Intercooled MagnaCharger is the best deal in terms of price/performance/looks, however, if you want to maintain that "stock appearance" and not change out the hood, I would go with the Vortech package. The ProCharger is a good package, but I would prefer the Vortech....

Again - this is only my opinion. I would talk to Andy at A&A Corvettes in CA or East Coast Superchargers (ECS) in NJ for their take on this as they are well recognized experts on this topic. There are a few other vendors that sell S/C packages that may chime in also.

[Modified by AlohaC5, 10:16 PM 3/1/2004]
Old 03-02-2004, 01:11 PM
LittleBoyBlu99
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: super charger (fsuforever)

nope u shouldnt have any problems finding a nice system for your car i would go over to the forced induction/nitrous section & read up on what these other members are supercharging there vettes with .Since your in california check out this hes close to you & has a good rep for a nice blower https://www.aandacorvette.com/cart/show_items.asp?MainCatID=18

[Modified by fsuforever, 6:34 AM 2/26/2004]
:iagree: :thumbs:

Get notified of new replies

To super charger

Quick Reply: super charger