C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leaking LS1 freeze plug, what do you think the dealer will do?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 04:19 PM
1COOLPC
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Leaking LS1 freeze plug, what do you think the dealer will do? (gonbad)

Good to see you back Bart. Going to go the C6?
:seeya I've just been hanging out in Off Topic for the last couple years. :lol: C6? As in Vette? Maybe but not right away, going to enjoy the Goat for a while. If Cruise In 6 then I don't think so, unfortunately it is at a time that makes traveling very difficult for me. :nonod: Would definitely love to though. :yesnod:
Old 04-11-2004, 05:12 PM
vettemaster1
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Leaking LS1 freeze plug, what do you think the dealer will do? (1COOLPC)

those tabs, veg-all as i like to call them , have been required in many gm products for a long time. started when the use of aluminum for blocks really got going... i have no problem with and as a matter of fact have used the product for years... alumi-seal is another outstanding product....

your problem was very minor, the front plug, as you found out... easy fix..... remember that the other side head has the same deal only in the rear of the engine...

to bad you dont trust your dealer .... you should find one that you do....
Old 04-11-2004, 09:22 PM
Avanti
Race Director

Received 5,218 Likes on 3,459 Posts

Default Re: Leaking LS1 freeze plug, what do you think the dealer will do? (1COOLPC)

Lots of vehicles come from the factory with stop-leak and Bars Leak is one of the most common, domestic and foreign. I use it and have for decades in iron and aluminum engines with zero problems.

BUT, GM should fix the problem you have--plain and simple. Research has shown we pay thousands per vehicle for our warrantees, used or not. You have a reason. USE IT, you already paid for it! :yesnod:
Old 09-24-2016, 10:54 PM
A Peter C4
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts

Hopefully they(GM) will not void your warranty for unauthorized repair by owner.Good luck hope no future issues.Just noticed this is old thread.

Last edited by A Peter C4; 09-24-2016 at 10:56 PM.

Quick Reply: Leaking LS1 freeze plug, what do you think the dealer will do?