Sponsored by:

[Z06] window not working after battery went dead

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 10:54 AM
tayl57
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default window not working after battery went dead

I have a 2001 Z06 that I let the battery go dead and now after replacing the battery my passenger window won't work. I can hear it click but does not roll down. It only has 14,500 miles on it. Does any body have any ideal's what's wrong?
Old 04-05-2009, 11:06 AM
Bad95killer
Pro

Originally Posted by tayl57
I have a 2001 Z06 that I let the battery go dead and now after replacing the battery my passenger window won't work. I can hear it click but does not roll down. It only has 14,500 miles on it. Does any body have any ideal's what's wrong?
mine has the same problem with the window and i did nothing to it .. still not working
Old 04-05-2009, 12:49 PM
only59
Pro

try another battery, these cars need all the juice they can get. If it was working before there is no reason why it shouldn't work now. Start with the battery, again. Be sure the connections are 100%.

When you are 100% convinced that the battery is not the issue then start looking elsewhere.

t
Old 04-05-2009, 02:22 PM
TEXHAWK0
Le Mans Master

Received 787 Likes on 539 Posts

My guess is that it is just a coincidence. The windows on these cars can quit working at any time and without warning.
I have had both windows work one day, and the next time I try to use it, nothing.
If you can hear the relay, then power is getting to the motor, and the window is probably just stuck.
You can try some of the brute force techniques already posted on the forum. (slamming door, beating on door panel near the motor, etc. while holding the button down.) If it will not unstick, you may have to replace the regulator, clean the motor, or try something else.
If you get it working, you might try adjusting the stops so the window does not force itself as far up, or bump the window down a fraction of an inch from full up to take the gears and motor out of a bind.
Old 04-05-2009, 02:27 PM
TEXHAWK0
Le Mans Master

Received 787 Likes on 539 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad95killer
mine has the same problem with the window and i did nothing to it .. still not working
Spoken like a true bean counter..
Old 04-05-2009, 03:24 PM
ZR1991
Drifting

Mine has done it once or twice a year or more ago, and a friend said there was a work around where if you "hit" the door panel with the heel of your hand under the arm rest, it works. But the hit has to be at the right spot. I couldn't find it. he came over, one tap, it was fine. Happened again couple weeks later, same result.

True story. Even I couldn't make up stuff this good. Anyway, a logical explanation is a loose connector, when bumped just right, makes it OK.

Get notified of new replies

To window not working after battery went dead

Quick Reply: [Z06] window not working after battery went dead