C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C-6 Interior space issue!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 11:56 PM
turbolou
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C-6 Interior space issue!

I was considering buying a C-6 till I tried to squeeze my 6'6'' 61 year old frame into one . I did fit comfortably in both the C-5's that I owned.
Sold my 04 Z06 in fact thinking I would step up.I quess I didn't think that GM with all the poor sales issues would be stupid enough to limit the buyer market to people under 6' They lost one here. So now I'm on the hunt for an 03 anniversary auto coupe.

Last edited by turbolou; 04-06-2005 at 11:58 PM.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:58 PM
smdio
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

totally disagree

im 6'4'', and i have absolutely no problem getting in, getting out, or driving the C6. i know you're too inches taller, but i cant see how that would matter. the driving options that they give you, such as the adjustable seats and steering wheel, are more than enough to compensate for your height.

ive yet to have a problem with the c6 at all, and it hasnt even once ran by my mind that the car was too small for tall people.

maybe its just me
Old 04-07-2005, 12:06 AM
BIGGGIE
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08

i Am 6'3 and 275 and i Fit great..
Old 04-07-2005, 01:48 AM
whompus
Racer

what the percentage of people over 6'5" in the world.....not alot.... cant build a car to please every single consumer.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:37 AM
Corvette Junkie
Night Race Blue 427
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Muncie, Indiana ...... Can I buy an amplifier on time ... I ani't got no money now but I'll pay you before I die
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

There's no less room in a C6 than there is in a C5.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:29 AM
UBETRUN
Pro

I've read a few other "height" threads with interest. On here, I see 6' 4" guys claiming it fits great. When a 6' 4" buddy tried to sit in mine, he couldn't hold his head up straight.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:54 AM
Forvettes
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07

Default Seat Adjustment

Did you put the seat all the way down? I'm only 6' and I sat in a NCRS club member's C6 and couldn't see over the hood because he had the seat down. I didn't want to mess with his adjustment. When I test drove a C6 I could see fine with the seat up. There is a lot of adjustment - not 6 inches but give it another try.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:44 AM
turbolou
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Forvettes
Did you put the seat all the way down? I'm only 6' and I sat in a NCRS club member's C6 and couldn't see over the hood because he had the seat down. I didn't want to mess with his adjustment. When I test drove a C6 I could see fine with the seat up. There is a lot of adjustment - not 6 inches but give it another try.
Thanks all! but I think I know how to adjust a seat by now. I've owned 13 Vettes in my life. My problem is I'm all legs. But Im going today to give it another chance. If I'm wrong I will repent, denounce my blasphemy & buy one. That empty space in my garage needs to be filled.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:03 AM
StanNH
Le Mans Master

Received 1,236 Likes on 416 Posts

The C6 is definitely tighter than the C5. I couldn't drive a C5 with the seat all the way back, but have to keep the seat back on the C6. (I'm 6' 3 1/2").

Some people up to 6'6" are able to sit comfortably in a C6, others are just too cramped to spend any amount of time in it. It seems that the car will accommodate most drivers up to about 6'4", but beyond that it gets rather questionable. Differences in an individual's body proportions also makes a big difference.

The C6 is a smaller car and some interior room was sacrificed during the downsizing.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:09 AM
crabman
Safety Car

Received 79 Likes on 33 Posts

I often wonder about this when reading these threads because I am 6 even and have my seat all the way down and back. Makes me wonder how guys who are quite a bit taller are finding a comfortable position.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:17 AM
V Vette
Le Mans Master

Received 570 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by smdio
totally disagree

im 6'4'', and i have absolutely no problem getting in, getting out, or driving the C6. i know you're too inches taller, but i cant see how that would matter. the driving options that they give you, such as the adjustable seats and steering wheel, are more than enough to compensate for your height.

ive yet to have a problem with the c6 at all, and it hasnt even once ran by my mind that the car was too small for tall people.

maybe its just me
Can you please send us a pict of you in car? The best shot will be from passenger side of your head with roof.. Lets end this question. Thanks
Old 04-07-2005, 11:33 AM
StanNH
Le Mans Master

Received 1,236 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by V Vette
Can you please send us a pict of you in car? The best shot will be from passenger side of your head with roof.. Lets end this question. Thanks
That wouldn't prove anything. No two people are built the same, so how one person fits will have very little bearing on how someone else fits. I'm just over 6'3" and have a couple of inches of headroom with the seat down and the back reclined somewhat. Another person of the same height might have their head touch the roof.

To make any valid comparisons, tall drivers would have to list not only their height and weight, but also waist size, inseam, and sleeve length. Even then, most people of similar height and weight will fit differently in the car depending on individual variations and different seat settings. The individual must sit in the car to see if they can fit comfortably...anything else is just a guess.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:52 PM
V Vette
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by StanNH
That wouldn't prove anything. No two people are built the same, so how one person fits will have very little bearing on how someone else fits. I'm just over 6'3" and have a couple of inches of headroom with the seat down and the back reclined somewhat. Another person of the same height might have their head touch the roof.

To make any valid comparisons, tall drivers would have to list not only their height and weight, but also waist size, inseam, and sleeve length. Even then, most people of similar height and weight will fit differently in the car depending on individual variations and different seat settings. The individual must sit in the car to see if they can fit comfortably...anything else is just a guess.
I cant buy this..PLEASE just do a pict so we can see- I am the doubting Thomas..Thanks.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:04 PM
offshore
Racer

Originally Posted by turbolou
I was considering buying a C-6 till I tried to squeeze my 6'6'' 61 year old frame into one . I did fit comfortably in both the C-5's that I owned.
Sold my 04 Z06 in fact thinking I would step up.I quess I didn't think that GM with all the poor sales issues would be stupid enough to limit the buyer market to people under 6' They lost one here. So now I'm on the hunt for an 03 anniversary auto coupe.
I'm 6'1" 190lbs and have a tigher time getting in the C6 than my C5..and because i have the power top, i lost all my storage behind the seats....that makes me mad, but i still love the car...sorta like my wife
Old 04-07-2005, 01:06 PM
ASZ2222
Melting Slicks

I am 6'3" 225 lbs. and have plenty of room in my C6 vert. The same as my previous C5 vert.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:06 PM
offshore
Racer

Originally Posted by StanNH
The C6 is definitely tighter than the C5. I couldn't drive a C5 with the seat all the way back, but have to keep the seat back on the C6. (I'm 6' 3 1/2").

Some people up to 6'6" are able to sit comfortably in a C6, others are just too cramped to spend any amount of time in it. It seems that the car will accommodate most drivers up to about 6'4", but beyond that it gets rather questionable. Differences in an individual's body proportions also makes a big difference.

The C6 is a smaller car and some interior room was sacrificed during the downsizing.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:07 PM
V Vette
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by ASZ2222
I am 6'3" 225 lbs. and have plenty of room in my C6 vert. The same as my previous C5 vert.
PLEASE send a pict, if possible. Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To C-6 Interior space issue!

Old 04-07-2005, 01:15 PM
Noleman
Racer

Originally Posted by turbolou
Thanks all! but I think I know how to adjust a seat by now. I've owned 13 Vettes in my life. My problem is I'm all legs. But Im going today to give it another chance. If I'm wrong I will repent, denounce my blasphemy & buy one. That empty space in my garage needs to be filled.
Great. Let us know the result!!!
Old 04-07-2005, 01:15 PM
Braced
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I knew 5'8" 145 lbs would come in handy someday! I fit like a glove (and not OJ's glove!)
Old 04-07-2005, 01:20 PM
2bubbas
Drifting

Default C6 interior fit

I'm fairly short. 5'8" and an average build, but have had several comments from people whom I've let sit in the car say the seat is tighter. In questioning them further, none had ever sat in the sport seat before and all we alot wider across the rear end than I am.

I have the seat forward and up quite a bit.

When I read this link, I wonder where all you giants came from.

Quick Reply: C-6 Interior space issue!