C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vertical Door on C6!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 01:44 PM
Corvet05
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05
Default Vertical Door on C6!

What you guys think on vertical door for C6? (aka lamborghini doors). I am thinking of installing on my C6 & according to the guy I talked to, it is reversible incase I don't like it. I thought about it for feature,looks, & convinience, especially getting gas & opening my C6 door almost hit the guard rail. I also have a small/narrow garage and this would help if the door opens vertical....Any thoughts or Bad idea?, or I'll just stick with the original doors. thanks in advance
Old 04-07-2005, 01:54 PM
Corvette400400
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall, torque is how much of the wall you take with you Jacksonville, Florida
St. Jude Donor '05

I've seen them on a C6 and they are not for me, but if you like the lambo look and want to be different then do it. To me they are a bit to ricer since that seems to be the big crowd that are doing the lambo door things. I have seen about 5 ricer cars in my small city already with them. The biggest thing is, its your car so you have to do what you want to do. One thing I believe, Lambo doors look best on the cars that come from the factory with them because the design concept of the entire vehicle exterior was intended for those types of doors to be used.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:58 PM
AC54ME
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9 Veteran
CI-VI Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Originally Posted by Corvet05
What you guys think on vertical door for C6? (aka lamborghini doors). I am thinking of installing on my C6 & according to the guy I talked to, it is reversible incase I don't like it. I thought about it for feature,looks, & convinience, especially getting gas & opening my C6 door almost hit the guard rail. I also have a small/narrow garage and this would help if the door opens vertical....Any thoughts or Bad idea?, or I'll just stick with the original doors. thanks in advance
First, do not attempt to really accept the sales persons statement.

Second, if you want these doors, go for it.

Third, a lot of C5's went this route - most are now FS as the doors, after awhile, are a PITA.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:19 PM
Corvet05
Advanced

St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by Corvette400400
One thing I believe, Lambo doors look best on the cars that come from the factory with them because the design concept of the entire vehicle exterior was intended for those types of doors to be used.
Originally Posted by AC54ME
First, do not attempt to really accept the sales persons statement.

Second, if you want these doors, go for it.

Third, a lot of C5's went this route - most are now FS as the doors, after awhile, are a PITA.

Good points....

Thanks much!!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Vertical Door on C6!

Quick Reply: Vertical Door on C6!