C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where do you keep the key?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 12:43 PM
Braced
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did the poster say "hide on the car"? My dad did that with a magnetic keyholder on a 73 Impala wagon. But a $50K Vette?????
Well they can't steel it with the key, only get in it. And that's only if they know about the one and only key hole to get in.

I have thought about hiding a key under the car somewhere to use if the battery ever goes dead. I have onstar to get in for any other use.

I've also thought about having another key made and putting it under the drivers (Loyd's) mat so I can lock the glove box and console for those top off days!

All the key does is

1. open the trunk

2. Deactivate the pax airbag

3. Lock the glovebox & console.

I haven't done any of this yet, but may go with this set up.

Old 04-08-2005, 02:12 PM
Lee6
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did the poster say "hide on the car"? My dad did that with a magnetic keyholder on a 73 Impala wagon. But a $50K Vette?????[/QUOTE]

well, for those that want to hide the key on the outside of the car, here's how i did it:

i pop-riveted a small (2" x 3") metal plate on the top side of the rear bumper thing, directly below the rear license plate....then put the key inside a good magnetic holder and slap it on the metal plate....thus, when i need it i bend down, curl my hand up and can easily reach the holder.....

it's facing up, so it doesn't get wet or dirty, and it's easy to reach....doesn't show at all (unless you're worried about what people will think, laying on the back on the ground)
Old 04-08-2005, 02:27 PM
HOFFIE
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I carry it on my Necklace..Its My BLING
Old 04-08-2005, 02:32 PM
Corvette Girl
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a leather teather attached to the inside of my purse, I have both key and fob on it, I also have on-star.
Old 04-08-2005, 02:37 PM
jimman
Le Mans Master

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

place key in glove compartment so when FOB fails you can get the adrenaline rush when you remember where you put it. Love those chemicals

Quick Reply: Where do you keep the key?