C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dad thinks vette sucks

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 09:51 AM
StanNH
Le Mans Master

Received 1,222 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by Cambria
You said it, now post this information about registered buyers. We are all waiting.
Quoting the posts of certain individuals who are on almost everyone's Ignore Lists makes those inane comments visible to those of us who would rather not see this drivel. Those "Ignorons" should never be quoted. Thanks.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:14 PM
need-for-speed
Team Owner

Received 866 Likes on 609 Posts
CI 1-4-5-8-9-10 Vet
St. Jude Donor '03,'04,'05,'07,08,'09,'10,’17

Originally Posted by z06monster
I do not care what you believe. I know what is true. Feel free to check with GM marketing. They will agree with me.
Come on now, you quoted a statistic. Where did you get it? Show us the statistic. Try not to change the subject either. Provide GM's "marketing" data that shows more C5 Coupes and Verts are sold to women than men. We'll be waiting for valid data and an adult response.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:16 PM
need-for-speed
Team Owner

CI 1-4-5-8-9-10 Vet

Originally Posted by StanNH
Quoting the posts of certain individuals who are on almost everyone's Ignore Lists makes those inane comments visible to those of us who would rather not see this drivel. Those "Ignorons" should never be quoted. Thanks.
Sorry Stan. That's a good point. I will allow one chance for this guy to provide some valid statistics. Once he fails to do that, I'll go ahead and add him to my list. In fact, after 5 years of membership here, he'll be the first person on my ignore list.

Ahhhhhh, this place is looking less like the Vtec board already.
Old 05-30-2005, 02:37 PM
phile
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NineBall
pretty funny seeing a 24 year old pedophile trying to use his self-proclaimed abundance of wit to talk smack. Sorry dude, but if you didn't know your 350Z was considered a bitch car before you bought it, then we can't help you learn the secret code of 'manly cars'. You are on your own!

Women can still drive 'manly' cars. Thats a turn-on.
Men that drive 'girly' cars are just uninformed. lol
I don't care what anyone thinks about my Z, honestly. And I sparked the whole "manly-girly" discussion BEFORE anyone even made a comment on the Z. I felt the need to inform everyone of what kind of car I drive, being this is a car forum.

Oh, and if you havn't defined what a girly car is, then you are not necessarily discerning what makes the Vette a manly car...other than the fact that "you say so". Don't bother though, you'll contradict yourself. It's all a bunch of macho horse ****, with no real bearing on reality. It's pointless to anthropomorphize something that has literally no human characteristics at all.

See, all that and I didn't have to resort to name calling to show your inferiority Calling me names proves nothing, other than the fact that you know how to act like a child. As I stated before, alot of the conduct, including some of my own, in this thread is ****-poor. Everythign seemed to be going along well since my last comment, until you had to call me a very offensive name. It's not like I havn't heard it before, mostly in jest. The name has endured for 9 years now, which shows my character

Last edited by phile; 05-30-2005 at 02:42 PM.
Old 05-30-2005, 02:48 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,277 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by need-for-speed
Come on now, you quoted a statistic. Where did you get it? Show us the statistic. Try not to change the subject either. Provide GM's "marketing" data that shows more C5 Coupes and Verts are sold to women than men. We'll be waiting for valid data and an adult response.
There may be several families in the same situation that I'm in. My wife has never ridden in the Silver Coupe yet, and the odds are about 100 to 1 that she'll never drive it (her choice). However, the car title says Mr. or Mrs. By that standard, he might be CLOSE to being right, but even that is a stretch.
Old 05-30-2005, 02:54 PM
lager99
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Old 05-30-2005, 02:56 PM
need-for-speed
Team Owner

CI 1-4-5-8-9-10 Vet

Nah, not a chance. He just made it up. He has a "thing" against any car other than a C5 Z06. For every woman driving a C5 coupe or vert, I see 10 men driving one. How many female Corvette owners do you see at Corvette Cruise-Ins? Just let me say, it's not a very good event to try to pick up chicks.

He pulled that statistic out of his ***.
Old 05-30-2005, 02:58 PM
need-for-speed
Team Owner

CI 1-4-5-8-9-10 Vet

Originally Posted by SilverCoupe
There may be several families in the same situation that I'm in. My wife has never ridden in the Silver Coupe yet, and the odds are about 100 to 1 that she'll never drive it (her choice). However, the car title says Mr. or Mrs. By that standard, he might be CLOSE to being right, but even that is a stretch.
Nah, not a chance. He just made it up. He has a "thing" against any car other than a C5 Z06. For every woman I see driving a C5 coupe or vert, I see 10 men driving one. How many female members do we have here? How many female Corvette owners do you see at Corvette Cruise-Ins? Just let me say, it's not a very good event to try to pick up chicks.

He pulled that statistic out of his ***.
Old 05-30-2005, 03:14 PM
WWK888
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by phile
I don't care what anyone thinks about my Z, honestly. And I sparked the whole "manly-girly" discussion BEFORE anyone even made a comment on the Z. I felt the need to inform everyone of what kind of car I drive, being this is a car forum.

Oh, and if you havn't defined what a girly car is, then you are not necessarily discerning what makes the Vette a manly car...other than the fact that "you say so". Don't bother though, you'll contradict yourself. It's all a bunch of macho horse ****, with no real bearing on reality. It's pointless to anthropomorphize something that has literally no human characteristics at all.

See, all that and I didn't have to resort to name calling to show your inferiority Calling me names proves nothing, other than the fact that you know how to act like a child. As I stated before, alot of the conduct, including some of my own, in this thread is ****-poor. Everythign seemed to be going along well since my last comment, until you had to call me a very offensive name. It's not like I havn't heard it before, mostly in jest. The name has endured for 9 years now, which shows my character

"So now you want to race, because all your other efforts of trying to prove me wrong or overpower me have totally failed? Sounds like someone is insecure! Next time I get in an argument with someone, i'm going to ask them to RACE ME! As an homage to your complete and utter stupidity. You lose dude. Just give up, end it all now. I'm done with this thread. "

Thought you were done with this thread....
Old 05-30-2005, 03:20 PM
phile
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WWK888
"So now you want to race, because all your other efforts of trying to prove me wrong or overpower me have totally failed? Sounds like someone is insecure! Next time I get in an argument with someone, i'm going to ask them to RACE ME! As an homage to your complete and utter stupidity. You lose dude. Just give up, end it all now. I'm done with this thread. "

Thought you were done with this thread....
Nope, couldn't resist!
Old 05-30-2005, 03:26 PM
Grumpy
MONARTOR

Received 132 Likes on 68 Posts
Cruise-In 5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-17-'18-'19'-20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Mocoso
I think I saw a pissed off dwarf on his way over with his set of keys......
some called ???

Quick Reply: Dad thinks vette sucks