C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check engine lite solved

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 06:47 PM
ByByBMW
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 536 Likes on 279 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'08-'10-'11-'12-'13 '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Default Check engine lite solved

The check engine lite was from a loose gas cap! As was mentioned in a response to my previous post.

Interesting though, came up with an error on my Navigation radio. Problem is, I don't have navigation.

Soooooooooo, any techies know why my radio, that doesn't have Nav, would throw an error saying Navigation error???
Old 06-03-2005, 07:01 PM
WWK888
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is telling you that it was an error not to order the Navigation system... That is a strange one...
Old 06-03-2005, 07:17 PM
BigLabe
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The check engine light came on in my Hummer for the same reason as your vette. Now I don't mind the warning, I just wish I knew it what it was because of the non-crucial cap because I had to blow an off-work morning going to a dealership to check it out when if I knew what the problem was before hand, I could have waited and had it fixed during a regular service call.

GM would serve us better without a general light by putting say "error in part 113" on the message line of the DIC. The driver could then decide the severity and not be afraid to drive it.
Old 06-03-2005, 07:23 PM
ByByBMW
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 536 Likes on 279 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'08-'10-'11-'12-'13 '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by BigLabe
The check engine light came on in my Hummer for the same reason as your vette. Now I don't mind the warning, I just wish I knew it what it was because of the non-crucial cap because I had to blow an off-work morning going to a dealership to check it out when if I knew what the problem was before hand, I could have waited and had it fixed during a regular service call.

GM would serve us better without a general light by putting say "error in part 113" on the message line of the DIC. The driver could then decide the severity and not be afraid to drive it.
Got to agree, I had to blow an hour on my anniversary to get this checked out before I took the wife out to dinner. Granted it's under warranty but still!

Get notified of new replies

To Check engine lite solved

Quick Reply: Check engine lite solved