C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C Culprit Found

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 07:57 PM
CSixDude
Drifting

Received 219 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by FiremanC6
This is normal vehicle operations. Recirculate is not designed to stay on indefinitely. Your car is equipped with a "climate control system", not a standard A/C unit. You set the temperature and the unit will ramp up, or down, the fan speed to maintain that temp. Its normal for the fan speed to ramp down as the interior cools.

BobD
I'm not sure that is what is going on. I can set my temp setting to 65 degrees when it is over 100 degrees out, and the car is still very hot inside, and the fan unit will still go so sleep, and the display that shows the fan indicator also dissapears and goes to sleep.

Many times I can put the unit in the recycle air mode and drive with it like that for hours, and it will stay there. This is with the unit in the manual mode, not the automatic mode. Sometimes it will stay on, and other times the recycle mode will just shut off on it's own. I don't believe it is supposed to do this.
Old 03-13-2015, 07:28 PM
Rusty Larson
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 07 rag top, I turned the a/c on using the auto button and just hot air, pressed the snowflake on off on off on off still hot air. I heard there was a service bulletin on the heater control unit. The heater works fine just the a/c doesn't. Outside temp in the low 70's, anyone else have this problem?
Old 08-13-2018, 02:18 PM
Shannon S
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC issues

Originally Posted by Braced
Yes but why is it shuting off? That is what my dealer is trying to figure out. So far this is what we have found:

1. Does the a/c go off when full throttle is applied and if so is the a/c cycling back on after punching it?

2. Is the problem just a simple batch of bad head units?

3. Is the problem related to the erratic fuel gauge problem? The dealer wanted to investigate if the computer is sensing a fault and shuting down the a/c system.

I never touched the snow flake button before but it seems to recycle the compressor when it fails.

I'm just throwing these ideas out to anybody else who has this problem, looking for a common link that might solve it.
I've encountered the same issue with my 2011 Grand Sport. There's a limit switch that shuts the AC down during high acceleration, it's supposed to turn back on automatically. Mine doesn't turn back on either, dealer wasn't any help with mine. I just manually turn mine back on. Definitely a pain, sometimes mine shuts off under less aggressive situations too. I was here looking for an answer as well.
Old 08-13-2018, 03:20 PM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by cclive
I know this thread is very old, but this applies to all A/C systems. The freon is not used up by running the system, and the absolute worst thing you can do to an A/C system in a car is to not use it. When the refrigerant is not circulated, the seals will dry out and the freon can leak slowly out over time. Car A/C systems should be run once a month year round if possible just to circulate the freon.
Didn't they tie in the A/C compressor (on all cars) with the Defrost system so that the compressor will run part of the time so as to keep from having to try and run the A/C in the middle of winter and to help keep the inside glass clear?
Old 08-13-2018, 03:44 PM
SladeX
Melting Slicks

Received 833 Likes on 607 Posts

I've been experiencing this in 100F+ weather and situations of heat soak (using car after its heat soaked, like after a gas station stop or not enough time for the engine bay to cool down).

Quick Reply: A/C Culprit Found