C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

44 LED light brightness staement

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 10:17 PM
woodlandsguy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default That's the problem!

Originally Posted by jschindler
So what you are saying is that if there are customers who are not happy with the quality of products they buy for their Corvette, they are not supposed to share that dissatisfaction with the rest of us?

I wonder how you'd feel if you bought a product that a lot of people are not satisfied with, and you too had a problem but were not allowed to find out about it because nobody is supposed to ever say anything bad about a product.
Having an issue and being a pain in the *** are two different things. When a dealer is non-responsive to an issue, that's bad.

When someone has an issue, and has a solution at hand, then that's a lousy customer.

Remember the fellow who was angry because Valentine wouldn't send him a 'guaranteed return' VI since he purchased one a few years ago and returned it? He too was angry beyond consolation.

I have a C6 -- and a thought. If someone is so attentive to detail, and has a C6, how can they possibly be satisfied with GM. At least Lloyd responds, offers a fair solution and then suffers the indiginity of public disrespect. Alas, the world is imperfect - but let's keep our perspective on who is decent and who is lousy. The decent person deserves respect -- just think, it could be your son/daughter or spouse who is trying to make a living. I am not a blood relative of Lloyd, but I am his customer. If the world was full of shopkeepers like him, it would be a much nicer world.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:13 AM
montivette
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Well since no moderater seems be getting involved in the bashing of a forum sponsor by the members of the forum I am going to call someone out a bit even though I know it ain't going to make them happy or aid in a resolution to their problems.

As much as I would like these threads to be a thing of the past, after hearing several people imply they do not like the tone of the vendor in defending his product I decided I had to say something. Perhaps those who make the comments have not read all the posts which led up to the vendors posts.

It is OK to say you don't like something. But Rob4092xx jumped on 7 different threads denouncing the light and the brightness in less than a week. I feel we should all be free to express our views, but hijacking threads and changing the subject to express your displeasure with the product is a bit too much expression for my liking.

Maybe it would be OK if he had started his own thread and said he did not like the product's brightness. But to post the same little rant on 7 other people's posts covering your same complaint is a bit too much. In the last week Rob4092xx has made a point to post his complaint on any post relating to the vendors products. That is excessive in my opinion.

If Rob4092xx has the right to an opinion in his posts, and to seek out and attack the vendor's product in multiple threads, I think it is very reasonable for the vendor to express his position and defend his product.

Here is the history of threads were Rob4092xx has made negative comments about the vendors products in regards to the brightness along with parts of what he said in the threads.
------

New Product from Bright Ideas:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1140180
"could you design the 44 LED lights so they are brighter???"

-------------------
Why is my Brite Ideas spoiler NOT SO BRITE???
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1137633

"the brightness is very, very, very poor! What I wish Lloyd would do is simply make the LED's about 50% brighter. Doesn't seem like too big a chore since LED lights are very inexpensive????? Besides, he is already purchasing large quantities of LED lights, so....why not simply get brighter ones instead???"
---------------------

44 LED high mounted light brightness
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1139665

"Brightness??? Three words: VERY, VERY POOR!.., Please Lloyd, brighten up the lights for those of us who are happy with the quality of the light, but very unhappy with the brightness!"

----------------------
Naked 44 LED Brake Light W/Picture
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1139699

"Lloyd at Bright Lites....what say you????"
----------------------
44 Led stop light with pulser video
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1141199
'This angle makes the light appear to be much brighter than it is!"
"Unless the video is from that angle, it is worthless!"
"Bottom line.....the 44 LED light is well made, but way, way too dim to be effective!"
"Bottom line is everyone agrees the 44 LED light is not as bright as expected!"
-------------------
44 LED light brightness staement
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1141842

"Lloyd, the bottom line is many folks here do not think their light is bright as expected. Instead of making irresponsible excuses, please simply advise if you are going to do anything about it."

"However, if you choose to do nothing, you have a legal and ethical obligation to disclose this issue to anyone who submits an order in the future!"

--------------
Magnetic Red Third Brake Light
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1141642

"There has been continuing dialogue on the brightness of the 44 LED light from Brite Lights."

"Most who have posted agree the light simply isn't as bright as expected, especially since it contains almost four (4) times the LED's as the stocker."

"In fact, at the angle driver's behind me would be sitting at as they approach my car, the Brite Ideas light doesn’t seem nearly as bright as the stocker!"

"In this case, every statement I have made it true and can be supported by fact! Therefore, I am not questioning Lloy'ds honesty or integrity. Instead, I am making a statement that can be supported by fact. See the difference?"

"However, Lloyd has made several statements that are untrue and can be proven to be untrue. Libel??? No...because I am confident Lloyd has no intent of making an inferior product or is being reckless when he makes these statements."

"As I said before, if he would simply go on record and state he is not going to do anything to "brighten up" these lights, all he needs to do is inform me of this. The dialogue will then stop....but it will be buyer beware. That's all...nothing more!"

---------------------
So those were some brief quotes from posts 7/16-7/20. That is 7 threads total telling us the lights brightness sucks.

Several of the threads were not even about brightness, they were about new door handles, illustrating the pulsar, but were turned into negative threads due to his posts.

So before some of you pass judgement on the vendor and say that you don't like the tone of one of the vendor's posts, try to put yourself in their shoes. You have a customer who is not happy with your product. You replace it with a different one and they are not satisified. You tell them you are willing to give them a refund for the item but they do not send it back. Instead on 7 different threads in less than a week the person jumps on the threads and rehashes how the product is inadequate.

Then when you defend your product others say they don't like the tone of your posts or claim you have some sort of attitude.

I think it is wrong to blame the vendor for having an attitude. I know if most of us were in theri shoes and people were bad mouthing our product, we would have way more attitude.

Rob4092xx if you are so unhappy with the brightness of your light do us all a favor and send the darn thing back and get a refund for it. We get the point that you don't like the brightness of the light so please stop hijacking threads from the vendor rehashing your complaints.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:07 AM
Another Yellow
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06

Originally Posted by montivette

Rob4092xx if you are so unhappy with the brightness of your light do us all a favor and send the darn thing back and get a refund for it. We get the point that you don't like the brightness of the light so please stop hijacking threads from the vendor rehashing your complaints.
Well said.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:10 AM
V Vette
Le Mans Master

Received 505 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by montivette
Never mind moderating, get my super bowl tickets in Minny.. The Vikes are going!
Old 07-23-2005, 08:11 AM
woodlandsguy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hooray for the honest people

Well said

Old 07-23-2005, 10:58 AM
Force-1
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
I believe in the Beer Fairy
USAF (Retired) 1979-2001

Originally Posted by Another Yellow
Well said.
Ditto--the whining from Rob4092xx was getting old and tiresome...
Old 07-23-2005, 11:34 AM
Rob4092xx
Drifting

Received 295 Likes on 108 Posts

Montivette:

First off….my issue was not only with the brightness of the light, but more importantly, the completely inaccurate statements Lloyd continued to make when questioned.

You “wanna call me out???”…I suggest you do it privately first. Then, if you are unhappy with my response, go public. That is exactly what I did with Lloyd. Not only did I contact him regarding this issue by telephone, but we had a lengthy discussion on private e-mail. Since I knew Lloyd was giving me the run-around, I felt obligated to go public. However, I advised him I was going to do this prior to making any of my posts. His response was, “Nobody else will agree with you that the light isn’t bright.” Well, we now know that was completely untrue!

Your statement: “If Rob4092xx has the right to an opinion in his posts, and to seek out and attack the vendor's product in multiple threads, I think it is very reasonable for the vendor to express his position and defend his product.”

My response: I agree 100%. Unfortunately, Lloyd was not representing the truth. While I tried to resolve this issue privately with him, it was he who went public with completely inaccurate statements.

Your statement: “So those were some brief quotes from posts 7/16-7/20. That is 7 threads total telling us the lights brightness sucks.”

My response: Apparently, you forgot to include your own posts about the brightness of the light submitted in this same Thread. They were, “I will agree the light is very dim. This has been mentioned in other threads. I did not realize how dim until I was following another C6 the other day who had the light on. It was bright sun with no clouds and I could barely even see the light was on. I looked at mine when parked in the garage during the day with the brake light on and it seemed OK in regards to brightness at the time. But in full sun I doubt the light will draw anyone’s attention. So I think it looks really good, but from the comments made here it seems that most agree this light is very dim compared to the stock light. Montivette.”

One more thing…..I never, ever said the light “sucks.” You are the only one who ever used the word “sucks” in any of these Threads! It is totally inappropriate to represent me as saying something as harsh as this!!

Your statement: “Several of the threads were not even about brightness, they were about new door handles, illustrating the pulsar, but were turned into negative threads due to his posts.”

My response: Please represent this as it occurred. There was one Thread on “door handles” and my response was very fair. In fact, while others were writing these door handles seemed “Cheezy,” I responded with: “Personally, I think they sound great!”

I don’t see anything unreasonable about my response!

Your statement: “Then when you defend your product others say they don't like the tone of your posts or claim you have some sort of attitude. I think it is wrong to blame the vendor for having an attitude. I know if most of us were in their shoes and people were bad mouthing our product, we would have way more attitude. Rob4092xx if you are so unhappy with the brightness of your light do us all a favor and send the darn thing back and get a refund for it. We get the point that you don't like the brightness of the light so please stop hijacking threads from the vendor rehashing your complaints.”

My response: The truth is I repeatedly asked Lloyd if he was going to make the lights brighter. I also wrote that if he decided not to, I would be satisfied with this and decide if I would return it. However, every time I asked Lloyd if he would consider making them brighter, even on my own dime, he responded by stating I was the only person who ever took issue with the brightness. Well, we now know this is simply not true due to all of the posts agreeing with me….including yours!

One other thing…did you happen to notice that once Lloyd advised he was not going to work on making the light brighter, I stopped my posts? Again, had he answered my question at the very beginning, I wouldn’t have continued asking. Due to the fact that I am a paying “customer” of his, is this an unreasonable expectation?

Montivette…I suggest you never “call someone out” publicly again. Out here in Phoenix, “calling someone out” is a challenge to fight. As I said before, if you want to take issue with someone, I suggest you do it privately first. If that doesn’t work, then “call them out” if you desire. Just be prepared to accept the consequences of making a reckless statement such as this!

As I stated above, you never gave me an opportunity to discuss this with you privately so I could reconsider my point of view and the manner in which I was responding. At least I was fair and objective enough to try to resolve my issues with Lloyd privately before we went public.

In closing….you are probably right…I didn’t need to make my point so many times. I guess my frustrations got the best of me. For that, I wish to publicly apologize to Lloyd! I hope he will accept!

Last edited by Rob4092xx; 07-23-2005 at 11:43 AM.
Old 07-23-2005, 11:43 AM
webdzynes
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by woodlandsguy
I have the light and have worked with Lloyd. He is top shelf! We are all human and have our failings.

Lloyd is honest, patient and provides a good product at a fair price When you find a customer who is unhappy and then proceeds to attack the core of your business, then attitudes can change.

Even the issue of the refund challenges Lloyd's integrity -- something like " if I send the product back, when can I expect the refund." What the hell does that mean -- as if Lloyd will keep the measly $200 for an extra month to earn 1 penny of interest!

It is darn hard to be in business --- and some customers are just too expensive to keep. To the disatisfied people, return you lights and SHUT UP. To those people thinking of buying the light, DO IT (you'll love it) and you can BUY IT from Lloyd with confidence. He is a good guy. Support Lloyd and be happy that he is around to help us.

Sometimes, people need to stand up for the frustrated honest person who is being attacked unfairly by another. Who knows why he is hacked off --- and who cares. That is except Lloyd and his future customers who have been unfairly criticized and confused.
I care. If I'm sending my money to a Vendor I've never done business with, I want to know that if there is a problem it will be handled in a typically professional mannor. I dont know Loyd and perhaps he is a stand-up guy. BUT, when he displays the attitude he displayed in this post initially, he brought all the subsequent negative posts on himself. ..And to the "To the disatisfied people, return your lights and SHUT UP." comment, that's just stupid. You need to learn how a public forum works.
Old 07-23-2005, 12:27 PM
LTC Z06
Get Some!

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 64 Likes on 44 Posts

Take a problem with a vendor to email and IM before posting please. I think this thread has run it's course.

Quick Reply: 44 LED light brightness staement