C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much is museum delivery

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 04:43 PM
John Bravo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much is museum delivery

I left a grand down on an 06 coupe but never got to talk about the museum delivery. Just curious how long is the stay and whats the procedure(call my dealer?) TIA
Old 08-09-2005, 04:45 PM
Adam Boca
Race Director

Location: www.ncminsurance.com Bowling Green KY Home of the Corvette!
Received 126 Likes on 66 Posts
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
St. Jude Donor '07-'08
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I would call Gary here at the NCM to get the official answer..

Gary Cockriel 800.538.3883 ext 124 or email him at gary@corvettemuseum.com

Thanks!

Adam Boca
Old 08-09-2005, 04:46 PM
1Day
Drifting

Old 08-09-2005, 04:50 PM
Forvettes
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07

$490 for the delivery (in addition to the $800 delivery charge)
Old 08-09-2005, 05:03 PM
downshift
Cruising

Don't call your dealer, but don't be too suprised if he is not of much help. My dealer had never had anyone actually ask for it before, I was the first. Thanks to the forum, I knew much more than the dealer did.

Once you get your build date, you can call the museum and get a date set, which will be about two weeks after the build week. The Museum will send you a package for transportation and hotels. You will probably fly into Nashville, take a shuttle or rent a one way car ($90) from the airport to Bowling Green. You will get up early, go to the museum and watch a short film, they will take you on a two and a half hour tour of the plant. After that you could go to lunch or directly to a tour of the museum. After the tour they will bring you to your new ride, give you a going over of how the basics work, drive the vechicle to the front door of the museum, take your picture getting delivery and send you on your way. Total time 5-6 hours. Good luck, it is worth every cent.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:09 PM
John Bravo
Racer

Originally Posted by downshift
Don't call your dealer, but don't be too suprised if he is not of much help. My dealer had never had anyone actually ask for it before, I was the first. Thanks to the forum, I knew much more than the dealer did.

Once you get your build date, you can call the museum and get a date set, which will be about two weeks after the build week. The Museum will send you a package for transportation and hotels. You will probably fly into Nashville, take a shuttle or rent a one way car ($90) from the airport to Bowling Green. You will get up early, go to the museum and watch a short film, they will take you on a two and a half hour tour of the plant. After that you could go to lunch or directly to a tour of the museum. After the tour they will bring you to your new ride, give you a going over of how the basics work, drive the vechicle to the front door of the museum, take your picture getting delivery and send you on your way. Total time 5-6 hours. Good luck, it is worth every cent.
Thank you
Old 08-09-2005, 05:10 PM
jazzlove
Melting Slicks

Location: San Antonio Texas - Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do a thread search and you will find volumes of information and descriptions of museum delivery...
Old 08-09-2005, 05:49 PM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

I wish we could get Musuem Delivery. Apparently GM Canada does not think this is something we would want. Too bad they never listen to their customers.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:54 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by downshift

Call your dealer, they need to add the museum delivery code to your order. In addition they will add $490 for the museum delivery charge. Worth every penny.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:11 PM
burtonbl103
Team Owner

Received 601 Likes on 179 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08,'12-'13

$80 on my 05 and worth every penney
Love it !!!!
Old 08-09-2005, 06:59 PM
Nel727
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by b4i4getit
I wish we could get Musuem Delivery. Apparently GM Canada does not think this is something we would want. Too bad they never listen to their customers.
I would think it could be arranged. Is there a secret vette factory in Canada? If not, then why not pick up your car in Bowling Green? You could buy through a forum dealer and just pay your taxes when you get back to Canada, eh?
Old 08-09-2005, 08:45 PM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by Nel727
I would think it could be arranged. Is there a secret vette factory in Canada? If not, then why not pick up your car in Bowling Green? You could buy through a forum dealer and just pay your taxes when you get back to Canada, eh?
Museum delivery does not exist on the Canadian order form. If we could purchase the car in the U.S. that would work however cars for sale in the U.S. market cannot be exported to the Canadian market as far as I know.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:48 PM
warthog34
Pro

Originally Posted by VET4LES
Call your dealer, they need to add the museum delivery code to your order. In addition they will add $490 for the museum delivery charge. Worth every penny.
YES - make sure it is ordered with the R8C (??I think) code or else you're S.O.L.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:26 PM
Nel727
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by b4i4getit
Museum delivery does not exist on the Canadian order form. If we could purchase the car in the U.S. that would work however cars for sale in the U.S. market cannot be exported to the Canadian market as far as I know.
Then what was NAFTA all about?! I'd check on that. I can understand that there could be some desire locally to "discourage" it, but prohibiting it?

Here is information from a website on Canadian import rules: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/E/pub/cp/...tml#P125_12356

"CBSA restrictions

"Import restrictions apply to most used or second-hand vehicles that are not manufactured in the current year.

"To obtain information about the CBSA restrictions and the exceptions that apply, please refer to the CBSA pamphlet, Importing a Vehicle Into Canada (RC4140). A copy of the publication is available at any CBSA office or by calling the CBSA National Distribution Centre at 1-800-959-2221.

"United States

"Under the provisions of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), the CBSA restrictions do not apply to vehicles imported from the United States, provided they meet specific conditions. Vehicles that qualify for the United States tariff rate can be imported duty-free. Excise tax and GST/HST will apply.

"If you have acquired a vehicle from the United States, you can determine if the vehicle can be imported by contacting:

"Registrar of Imported Vehicles
405 The West Mall
Toronto ON M9C 5K7

"Telephone: 1-888-848-8240 (toll free in Canada, the United States and Mexico)
(416) 626-1803 (from all other countries)
Fax: 1-888-346-8235
Web site: http://www.riv.ca/"
Old 08-09-2005, 10:31 PM
Nel727
Burning Brakes

When I ordered my C6 I needed to have things put on it to meet California unique requirements. Clearly things have to be added for the Canadian market as well, but so long as that is done I would think that it would be OK to pick it up and drive it home. You might want to find out if there is some hidden "middleman" that makes some money along the way that they are afraid of cutting out. If so, and if it doesn't add that much to the cost, why not just make sure those funds get paid but save them effort? It's a shame not to have the experience just because of some bureaucrat.

Get notified of new replies

To How much is museum delivery

Quick Reply: How much is museum delivery